The Student Room Group

Is international relations and economics a good degree to become an estate agen?

Hey,
Id love to become an estate agent and i was wondering if this is a great degree??
I don't think you need a degree to be an estate agent.

If you know you want to be an estate agent, then why not try and go straight into that career? There's not much point getting yourself into £50,000 worth of debt if you can achieve your career goal without a degree.
Original post by LeapingLucy
I don't think you need a degree to be an estate agent.

If you know you want to be an estate agent, then why not try and go straight into that career? There's not much point getting yourself into £50,000 worth of debt if you can achieve your career goal without a degree.

So then personally i want to get that degree alongside being an agent. Good knowledge needs to be had, no? I also want to work for top firms as well, so im assuming higher education is needed
Original post by butterflyb123
So then personally i want to get that degree alongside being an agent. Good knowledge needs to be had, no? I also want to work for top firms as well, so im assuming higher education is needed

I don't think it is necessarily. Why not check out people in the sort of position you want later in your career on linked in etc, and see what degrees they have if any?

If you want to get a degree for the sake of having one (which is fine), then the subject of the degree doesn't really matter, and you should chose one you enjoy.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
I don't think it is necessarily. Why not check out people in the sort of position you want later in your career on linked in etc, and see what degrees they have if any?

If you want to get a degree for the sake of having one (which is fine), then the subject of the degree doesn't really matter, and you should chose one you enjoy.

Alright, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending