The Student Room Group

How to download Netflix on iphone 5s of ios 12.49 when Netfix is 13.0?

That's my question - I don't have any other phone to download Netflix so I am not sure what to do....
Can you help me?
Original post by Keri00Summers
That's my question - I don't have any other phone to download Netflix so I am not sure what to do....
Can you help me?

If you've downloaded Netflix previously, you might be able to go into the Purchased page in the App Store and be offered a download for a compatible version. If you haven't then it's a lot trickier, as the App Store only offers the newest version of an app for first time downloads so you're going to have to look into what is known as sideloading- the act of finding the file for a 12.4.9 compatible version of the Netflix app online and forcing an install onto your iPhone. The most common ways of doing this are either by jailbreaking your phone and using the tools available from the jailbreak community to install apps from other locations, or by abusing developer features to install them onto the device without the use of the iOS app store. I'm not familiar enough with iOS exploits to give you any more detailed instructions, so do some googling or consult more knowledgeable communities like r/jailbreak on reddit.
can’t you download the old version of Netflix, it’s got the same things on it? when my phone broke i used my iphone 5s and i watched Netflix fine :smile:
Original post by chryssucks
can’t you download the old version of Netflix, it’s got the same things on it? when my phone broke i used my iphone 5s and i watched Netflix fine :smile:

If the the most recent version of an app in the App Store is incompatible with your version of iOS, Apple will only give you the option to install an earlier version of the app if you had already downloaded it on that phone in the past- iPhones that have never downloaded the app before will just be told they're running an incompatible version of iOS.
ohh that explains it then, thanks for clarifying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending