The Student Room Group

Does "Sexism" still exist?

In school, I feel that girls are treated better by teachers than boys. For example, teachers give girls gifts even if the girls had not done anything correctly. And when boys complete some excellent work, teachers say "so?" Do you guys have the same experience?

Scroll to see replies

Sexism definitely still exists.

In your case, it’s more likely favouritism than sexism. In my school, no student receives gifts so it’s most likely just your school. I’m guessing it has more to do with academic progress and favouritism rather than sexism.
Original post by baby.bear
Sexism definitely still exists.

In your case, it’s more likely favouritism than sexism. In my school, no student receives gifts so it’s most likely just your school. I’m guessing it has more to do with academic progress and favouritism rather than sexism.

Hmm I agree.
Original post by summerberry19
Hmm I agree.

Sexism by definition is discrimination due to somebody’s sex. I just don’t think the example given can be justified as sexism when it just sounds like someone is being rewarded for academic progress. If it is biased, it’s most likely the teacher has favourites haha
Sexism by definition is discrimination due to somebody’s sex. I just don’t think the example given can be justified as sexism when it just sounds like someone is being rewarded for academic progress. If it is biased, it’s most likely the teacher has favourites haha

Good point. Favouritism is the worst though...:frown:
Good point. Favouritism is the worst though...:frown:

Honestly! I remember at school the teachers would always have favourites and they wouldn’t even try to hide it haha!
my spanish teacher is sexist. a guy was sat down doing the work he got yelled at for no reason. then the girl right infront of of her desk was sat there doing nothing and on her phone but it was completely fine? sexism clearly still exists and i think it’ll continue to in the future 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 7
yeah, those teachers are super annoying.
Honestly! I remember at school the teachers would always have favourites and they wouldn’t even try to hide it haha!

I know! Especially the PE teachers :angry:

Oh definitely! If they were on a sports team they were automatically the teachers favourite haha
Reply 10
Original post by Sfgns
In school, I feel that girls are treated better by teachers than boys. For example, teachers give girls gifts even if the girls had not done anything correctly. And when boys complete some excellent work, teachers say "so?" Do you guys have the same experience?

of course it still exists, and it always will exist

what on earth made you question that it didn't.
Reply 11

exactually
Original post by Sfgns
exactually

Amazing word.
Oh definitely! If they were on a sports team they were automatically the teachers favourite haha

Exactly! In primary school, I was never on a team :frown:
I hated my PE teachers in primary school...
Exactly! In primary school, I was never on a team :frown:
I hated my PE teachers in primary school...

That sucks! :frown:
Reply 15

lmao I was one of those "favourites". Didn't match up to their expectations so jokes on them ig :redface:
Original post by iFlops
lmao I was one of those "favourites". Didn't match up to their expectations so jokes on them ig :redface:

lmaooo
That sucks! :frown:

Ikr...

Original post by iFlops

:lol:
Original post by Sfgns

Yeah, we live in a society where sexism is pretty common and it will most likely continue that way. sad truth :frown:
Reply 19
I'm sure that teachers in schol love girls, but in society, those bosses like girls or boys more?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending