The Student Room Group

hate my A levels lol

so I hate my a levels I currently do English lit, sociology and politics. hate them all. and so I want to do a job in like caring (don't know why I didn't choose health and social care as it was an option) but also I know my parents want the best for me but they keep saying the reason I need to do well is because I'm black. I'm just going to see how this year goes and try. if it doesn't go well idk what to do because again I'm being told because I'm black have to do more better. so at this point idk.

lol
If you're a Year 12, I think you still have time to change your subjects.

If you want to go into health, you might want to do Biology, Psychology, and Chemistry - they should give you the most options when it comes to the degree you want/need. Ideally you do maths as well, but considering your current A Level options, I doubt it was something at the front of your mind.

I have yet to see what your ethnicity or skin colour has anything to do with being better, or needing to do better. I have seen BAME get into high end universities and high end jobs as well as other ethnicities. I think it's more important to enjoy what you like and being able to excel in the career you want.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
If you're a Year 12, I think you still have time to change your subjects.

If you want to go into health, you might want to do Biology, Psychology, and Chemistry - they should give you the most options when it comes to the degree you want/need. Ideally you do maths as well, but considering your current A Level options, I doubt it was something at the front of your mind.

I have yet to see what your ethnicity or skin colour has anything to do with being better, or needing to do better. I have seen BAME get into high end universities and high end jobs as well as other ethnicities. I think it's more important to enjoy what you like and being able to excel in the career you want.

thanks dude I was leaning more to health and social but I'll try and stick with what I have lol. just found it funny

Quick Reply

Latest