The Student Room Group

Official Hong Kong University 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
applied as my second choice :smile:)

A bit random but I from what I remember dentistry is one of the ones that want them to be put as first choice
Can confirm all’s quiet for me too. I hear they don’t give that much time between the invites and interviews so this waiting time may be good to get some research/practice in now :smile:Also, I’m a non-Jupas MBBS applicant with a masters degree science. Not feeling great about my interview invite odds because I didn’t do chem in high school even though I have competitive university chem grades. HKU advised me to go back and sit the May 2021 GCE or SAT chem exam to have something on paper for high school level. Has anyone met a current student who has gone through an experience like this before?
does anyone know wt the general interview is for? will I receive any subject specific interview after that?
What courses/Universities are you applying for? HKU MBBS graduate entry
What subjects are you studying now? Bachelor degree in allied health

Fat chance:dontknow:

Why fat chance? Med is very hard but not impossible. Life experience/soft skills that makes you a suitable doctor is worth something if you have the same grades as someone without. Plus, they don’t compare you with the high school applicants and just against other applicants with higher qualifications. I did nursing and science... currently working as an RN and have side gigs in clinical and lab research in junior roles.
Original post by TheOfficialEmu
Why fat chance? Med is very hard but not impossible. Life experience/soft skills that makes you a suitable doctor is worth something if you have the same grades as someone without. Plus, they don’t compare you with the high school applicants and just against other applicants with higher qualifications. I did nursing and science... currently working as an RN and have side gigs in clinical and lab research in junior roles.

I heard they only consider students who graduated with first-class honours or master/PhD, and I just a final year bachelor student. Thus, fat chance for me. :closedeyes:

can you specify on what allied health degree is that
Reply 67
Has hku med started sending interview invitations?
Hi guys, has anyone received interview invitation?
Original post by sacroemodetas

I have one for HKUST global business

Me and a couple people in my class have the very general HKU interview
I heard they only consider students who graduated with first-class honours or master/PhD, and I just a final year bachelor student. Thus, fat chance for me. :closedeyes:

As long as you can get a first class honour by the end of the academic year, I think you should be fine.

If you maintain an awesome GPA from the undergrad, hopefully not all is lost. From what you know, do you reckon it’s as simple as masters/PHD grades or the quality of the research output? Masters are a dime a dozen and actually easier to achieve to first class honours from bachelors. People serious about research often do a masters by research because they couldn’t achieve 1st honours in undergrad to jump straight to a PHD. Coursework masters are a different case though.
Yesterday was the scheduled interview and of course we had to wait 45 minutes for it to start and of course my wifi got cut off before we even finished the reading
Original post by *****deadness
Yesterday was the scheduled interview and of course we had to wait 45 minutes for it to start and of course my wifi got cut off before we even finished the reading

Did you inform the admission committee afterwards?
Did you inform the admission committee afterwards?

I tried the chat but didn’t work. Just emailed them
Hi. Has anyone received an interview invite for econ and finance?
Has hku med started giving out interviews? :frown:
I have just had my hku interview(5th Dec). anyone in the same session with me:colondollar:? and I am just curious, when will we be informed with the result?
Original post by Hedwigeeeee
I have just had my hku interview(5th Dec). anyone in the same session with me:colondollar:? and I am just curious, when will we be informed with the result?

Was this a group interview or an individual program? I had my group interview on the 13th of November

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending