The Student Room Group

Just applied to LSE!

I've worked on my application for about 2 and a half months and I finally submitted it yesterday. While I did breathe a sigh of relief, it's much harder to wait for the results now. Anyone else feel me?

Scroll to see replies

Everyone feels you trust me on that😭😭😭. Out of curiosity, what did you apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by idonthaveaname1223
Everyone feels you trust me on that😭😭😭. Out of curiosity, what did you apply for?

I actually applied for both Bsc Accounting and Finance and Bsc Finance. Some said it was a risky move, but I went ahead with it cos it made sense to me. What do you think? Also what courses did you apply for?
Original post by I_Am_Nish
I actually applied for both Bsc Accounting and Finance and Bsc Finance. Some said it was a risky move, but I went ahead with it cos it made sense to me. What do you think? Also what courses did you apply for?

I think the two courses relate so they’ll understand why you’d apply for both courses. I have a friend that applied for the BcS PPE course at LSE. I applied for medicine!
Reply 4
I think the two courses relate so they’ll understand why you’d apply for both courses. I have a friend that applied for the BcS PPE course at LSE. I applied for medicine!

Thats nice. Are you an international student?
Thats nice. Are you an international student?

No, I’m a home student (born and raised in ldn) what about you?
Reply 6
No, I’m a home student (born and raised in ldn) what about you?

Im an international student from India:smile:
Im an international student from India:smile:

your English is good, good luck!
Reply 8
your English is good, good luck!

Yes. We Indians really know our way around this language 😂😂
Anyways good luck to you too
Reply 9
Yes. We Indians really know our way around this language 😂😂
Anyways good luck to you too

Hey, what were your predicted grades? I applied too but for econ and the predicted is same for econ and finance. Btw I'm from India too, doing the CBSE:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Sachh
Hey, what were your predicted grades? I applied too but for econ and the predicted is same for econ and finance. Btw I'm from India too, doing the CBSE:smile:

Heyy!! Its so great to meet you. While the grade requirements are same for Bsc Finance and Econ, its slightly lower for Bsc Accounting and Finance (my first preference). But anyways my overall prediction was 96% with 98% in Math and Accounts, 97% in English, 96% in Economics and 95% in Business studies. What about you?? Which city are you from?

Hey! I applied for Accounting and Finance too and let's just say applying to LSE is a risky move itself. I believe you already know your interests and you seem to be keen on finance, so if you are able to show your passion in your personal statement, I guess it's fine. :smile: and best of luck, your grades are really good!
Reply 12
Original post by g00dlucK!
Hey! I applied for Accounting and Finance too and let's just say applying to LSE is a risky move itself. I believe you already know your interests and you seem to be keen on finance, so if you are able to show your passion in your personal statement, I guess it's fine. :smile: and best of luck, your grades are really good!

Thank you!! Good luck to you too! Where are you from and what are you applying for?
Thank you!! Good luck to you too! Where are you from and what are you applying for?

I'm from Malaysia and I'm applying for Bsc Accounting and Finance to LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Leeds and Glasgow!
Reply 14
I'm from Malaysia and I'm applying for Bsc Accounting and Finance to LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Leeds and Glasgow!

Heyy thats greatt!! Let me know if you get any offers and I'll do the same:smile:
Heyy thats greatt!! Let me know if you get any offers and I'll do the same:smile:

What other universities did you apply to? I've received offers from Leeds and Bristol so far :smile:
Reply 16
What other universities did you apply to? I've received offers from Leeds and Bristol so far :smile:

I applied to Leeds, KCL and Warwick apart from LSE. I applied four days back and have still not recieved any offers😭
I applied to Leeds, KCL and Warwick apart from LSE. I applied four days back and have still not recieved any offers😭

Wow we really have similar choices! It's fine because I applied on the 16/11 and only got a reply from Leeds on the 23/11. LSE will probably reply next year HAHA. Do update me if you receive anything! Good luck to both of us :smile:
Reply 18
Wow we really have similar choices! It's fine because I applied on the 16/11 and only got a reply from Leeds on the 23/11. LSE will probably reply next year HAHA. Do update me if you receive anything! Good luck to both of us :smile:

True true:frown:(
Yes will do!

can I just say both of your English speaking skills are literally so good, like reading this thread I’d assume you were British! Good luck with your uni choices and LSE is very competitive but as long as your personal statement is really good you’ll be fine. Also, it’s pretty normal to not hear from unis till next year, especially LSE. My friends in the year above only got their offers in March!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending