The Student Room Group

Lnat 2021

I’ve been practicing for the LNAT using Arbitio, but so far in I’ve scored 20, 16, 16 and I’m really nervous about my LNAT in 3 weeks.

I saw people saying its harder than the real LNAT but I’m not sure about this, is it harder?

I know i’m only 3 practice tests in but these low scores are really demoralising me.
Original post by safiza
I’ve been practicing for the LNAT using Arbitio, but so far in I’ve scored 20, 16, 16 and I’m really nervous about my LNAT in 3 weeks.

I saw people saying its harder than the real LNAT but I’m not sure about this, is it harder?

I know i’m only 3 practice tests in but these low scores are really demoralising me.

Hi there,
My LNAT is tomorrow. Those scores are perfectly fine trust me, Arbitio is designed to be much harder than the LNAT. Scores of 20+ are exceptionally good, I'm pretty sure. Don't let those scores demoralise you at all, they are honestly really good scores to start with, (especially considering you have 3 weeks to revise!), I hope the LNAT goes well for you in 3 weeks! Also, you may want to research into some FOI (Freedom of Information) requests on the unis that you're applying to regarding the LNAT scores they most typically accept, this may boost your motivation! (It did with me lol)
Reply 2
Original post by RedLamp444
Hi there,
My LNAT is tomorrow. Those scores are perfectly fine trust me, Arbitio is designed to be much harder than the LNAT. Scores of 20+ are exceptionally good, I'm pretty sure. Don't let those scores demoralise you at all, they are honestly really good scores to start with, (especially considering you have 3 weeks to revise!), I hope the LNAT goes well for you in 3 weeks! Also, you may want to research into some FOI (Freedom of Information) requests on the unis that you're applying to regarding the LNAT scores they most typically accept, this may boost your motivation! (It did with me lol)

Thanks for the reassurance, I hope the LNAT goes really well for you tomorrow. Apart from Arbitio, have you used anything else to prepare, I’m confused on how to prepare for the essay in particular.
I’ll check out those FOI too I really need to get my motivation up aha
Original post by safiza
Thanks for the reassurance, I hope the LNAT goes really well for you tomorrow. Apart from Arbitio, have you used anything else to prepare, I’m confused on how to prepare for the essay in particular.
I’ll check out those FOI too I really need to get my motivation up aha

Thanks! I've used 'The Ultimate LNAT Collection', it's a pretty popular book for LNAT revision, it has about 80 passages and 4 mock papers. I actually started revising a month prior to the 30th of November, my LNAT date, and I started with that book. Once I finished all the passages and mock papers in that book, I moved onto Arbitio and just did the tests on there, (I've completed 9 tests so far). I'd recommend that book, I bought it from Amazon, it's the best-seller I'm pretty sure, and off the top of my head the author is called Dr Agarwal or something.
With the essay, I actually have done very little preparation for it. Nottingham is the only LNAT university I'm applying to, and a policy of theirs is to literally skip the essay and just focus on the MCQ's. I did email them about this, and they confirmed it. Arbitio has LOADS of essay questions, as does that book, the book especially delves into how to formulate an essay and is really useful with that.
The FOI requests are really good, I managed to find an FOI request for the LNAT scores of people who received offers from the Uni of Nottingham in the 2018/2019 cycle, and the lowest was literally 14. What LNAT universites are you applying to?
Reply 4
Thanks! I've used 'The Ultimate LNAT Collection', it's a pretty popular book for LNAT revision, it has about 80 passages and 4 mock papers. I actually started revising a month prior to the 30th of November, my LNAT date, and I started with that book. Once I finished all the passages and mock papers in that book, I moved onto Arbitio and just did the tests on there, (I've completed 9 tests so far). I'd recommend that book, I bought it from Amazon, it's the best-seller I'm pretty sure, and off the top of my head the author is called Dr Agarwal or something.
With the essay, I actually have done very little preparation for it. Nottingham is the only LNAT university I'm applying to, and a policy of theirs is to literally skip the essay and just focus on the MCQ's. I did email them about this, and they confirmed it. Arbitio has LOADS of essay questions, as does that book, the book especially delves into how to formulate an essay and is really useful with that.
The FOI requests are really good, I managed to find an FOI request for the LNAT scores of people who received offers from the Uni of Nottingham in the 2018/2019 cycle, and the lowest was literally 14. What LNAT universites are you applying to?

Oh ok I’ll probably get that book, I’m currently using the Mark Shepherd one as well.

My LNAT unis are UCL and Nottingham too.
Reply 5

Yeah it is strange with Nottingham though as they say they have a cut off point but upon looking at the freedom of info for the uni they have made offers for LNAT scores exceptionally low below the average; like You said 14.
Reply 6
Original post by safiza

I wouldn’t stress about it. I have my LNAT in 2/3 weeks as well. Keep going at it with arbitio. Like the other user said, anything about 20 on arbitio is significantly good.
Please can you send me the link to the FOI request from the Uni of Nottingham. I’m hoping to score high enough to go there 💀
Original post by aaliyah519
Please can you send me the link to the FOI request from the Uni of Nottingham. I’m hoping to score high enough to go there 💀

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/use_of_the_lnat_20182019_admissi_6#incoming-1409086
Original post by safiza
Oh ok I’ll probably get that book, I’m currently using the Mark Shepherd one as well.

My LNAT unis are UCL and Nottingham too.

Me too, my lnat uni is KCL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending