The Student Room Group

Reapplying to art universities?

I go to Camberwell at the moment but I'm pretty disappointed and don't really see myself being there for three years. I'm thinking of reapplying to other universities but UAL seems to have sucked the life out of half the art unis in London. Does anyone have any art university recommendations?
what about it don't you like? i study at Chelsea campus, and not really enjoying it either.
Reply 2
Original post by Di1234
what about it don't you like? i study at Chelsea campus, and not really enjoying it either.

Obviously COVID doesn't help but it seems because of the quantity of students, the tutors have to spread their time and enthusiasm very very very thinly across my course of 200. The organisation also seems quite bad in terms of moodle etc. and no shade to the students but some of them don't seem to care all that much.
Original post by willmc1
Obviously COVID doesn't help but it seems because of the quantity of students, the tutors have to spread their time and enthusiasm very very very thinly across my course of 200. The organisation also seems quite bad in terms of moodle etc. and no shade to the students but some of them don't seem to care all that much.

I was actually thinking of transferring to camberwell but now that you say that..... what course are you doing?
Reply 4
Original post by Di1234
I was actually thinking of transferring to camberwell but now that you say that..... what course are you doing?

I'd half thought about maybe transferring to Chelsea as well haha. I'm studying fine art painting, I don't want to be entirely negative though, some of the lectures have been quite interesting and I've had one good tutorial. What aren't you enjoying about Chelsea?
Original post by willmc1
I'd half thought about maybe transferring to Chelsea as well haha. I'm studying fine art painting, I don't want to be entirely negative though, some of the lectures have been quite interesting and I've had one good tutorial. What aren't you enjoying about Chelsea?

My friend is doing fine art at Chelsea and she's been enjoying it so far. The reason i'm not enjoying my course is the lack of skills being taught. I do graphic design so I was expecting much more, but then again its only the beginning.
Hi @Di1234 and @willmc1

I've sent you each a direct message. Please do get in touch if we can help.

Best wishes,

Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team
Original post by willmc1
I go to Camberwell at the moment but I'm pretty disappointed and don't really see myself being there for three years. I'm thinking of reapplying to other universities but UAL seems to have sucked the life out of half the art unis in London. Does anyone have any art university recommendations?

What course are you studying?
Would you be up for moving away from London?
Any priorities/preferences about what you would want to be different from your current course?

Quick Reply

Latest