The Student Room Group

I don't eat with my family, is that weird?

People were saying that its weird. I did a post about a month or 2 ago saying my family won't let me eat separately but recently I spoke them and they understood why I don't like eating with them and now they let me eat on my own. The rest of my family have dinner about 6 or 5 30 or 6 30 and this reason alone was something I didn't like because I thought it was a bit early like right now they are cooking dinner for the rest of them but its too early imo. I have mine later, I might even have mine at about 9 sometimes and I prefer eating on my own. I sometimes help cook as well. My parents don't mind me eating on my own now I gave a reason. People at college were saying its a bit unusual and weird that I eat on my own that I choose to.

Scroll to see replies

not really. its kinda weird that the rest of the family eat together i guess. my family either all eat separately or all eat together depending on schedules/meals etc.
Reply 2
Original post by MadameRazz
not really. its kinda weird that the rest of the family eat together i guess. my family either all eat separately or all eat together depending on schedules/meals etc.

My family are all free and all at home but I choose not to because they are too loud and argue often when I just want to eat then go to my room
no it not weird
I usually eat lunch alone sometimes with friends but not with family mainly i don't want to get involved in discussions which may cause arguments
Reply 4
Original post by KAy1a.2021
no it not weird
I usually eat lunch alone sometimes with friends but not with family mainly i don't want to get involved in discussions which may cause arguments

I eat everything without family, even before I had lunch separately most of the time but now I have every meal separately
I'm forced to eat with my family, they won't start until everyone is at the table, it's usually really dead tho and we just sit there in silence lmao. I wouldn't say its weird, just do what you are most comfortable with :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by gardengnome_
I'm forced to eat with my family, they won't start until everyone is at the table, it's usually really dead tho and we just sit there in silence lmao. I wouldn't say its weird, just do what you are most comfortable with :smile:

How old are you?
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you?

I'm 15
It’s not that deep
Reply 9
If you're ok with it and your family are ok with it, what is the issue here?

Tell your friends it's not their worry.
No, not weird.
I mostly eat on my own.
Before I cut contact with my surviving ancestors, I would have preferred the option of eating away from them and their pals.
I'm 15

I had to at that age but when you are 18 they'll probably let you

Ah yes my family is the same. It’s not too bad because it stops me from immediately eating food I know is going to burn my mouth as it’s too hot. I always know it will happen but somehow my brain thinks it’s definitely the best plan :K:
Original post by zKlown
If you're ok with it and your family are ok with it, what is the issue here?

Tell your friends it's not their worry.

People think we are a broken up family or something and ok
Original post by Moonbow
Ah yes my family is the same. It’s not too bad because it stops me from immediately eating food I know is going to burn my mouth as it’s too hot. I always know it will happen but somehow my brain thinks it’s definitely the best plan :K:

How old are you?
Original post by londonmyst
No, not weird.
I mostly eat on my own.
Before I cut contact with my surviving ancestors, I would have preferred the option of eating away from them and their pals.

You are 25 though, you probably don't even live with your family
Yes
How old are you?

Old enough to know better :argh:

Spoiler

Reply 18
People think we are a broken up family or something and ok

Even if you are, again, what is the issue? It is what it is

Don't pay attention to what people think. You'll be happier that way.
Original post by Moonbow
Old enough to know better :argh:

Spoiler

They will probably let you when you are 18

Quick Reply