The Student Room Group

Revising

Should I start Revising for my GCSE's? I was wondering because would it impact me if I didn't. I've read a lot about it and I can't find something that has a concrete answer.
i started in like march and i ended up happy with my gcses so start revising from then but id suggest you do one hour (can be less than that) every weekend just making small notes on what youve done in the week just for more of a head start. but mainly i think that if you revise for every topic test and mock and stuff like that you'll be revising anyway but working towards a less daunting goal so that would make your job a lot easier when starting to revise for the gcses around Easter. but it also depends on what grades youre getting now and how much work you were able to do over quarantine. if your quite far away from the grades you want or if you missed loads of work and had loads of overdue tasks then id suggest taking like an hour every weekend to just go over content taught in quarantine and make light notes of it or if you dont have good notes from quarantine then look at bbc bitesize or something and make notes from there. also if your grades are kinda bad relative to your goals or you find it hard to remeber content deffo do the hour a weekend.

also as a "tip" kinda id say draw pictures or diagrams where you can when making notes so they are easier to process rather than having to read a bunch of writing. also dont write in big paragraphs and keep the notes spaced out and like bullet points so its also easier to process.

but the main thing is to not overwork and overstress yourself and to take care of yourself while doing revision and keep your mental and physical wellbeing a priority
yes do some revision, I'm not talking about doing like 15 hours a day but, like an hour or 2 on the weekend. If you don't get something watches a yt vid or ask someone. Just manage your time
Original post by readyplayer2wo
i started in like march and i ended up happy with my gcses so start revising from then but id suggest you do one hour (can be less than that) every weekend just making small notes on what youve done in the week just for more of a head start. but mainly i think that if you revise for every topic test and mock and stuff like that you'll be revising anyway but working towards a less daunting goal so that would make your job a lot easier when starting to revise for the gcses around Easter. but it also depends on what grades youre getting now and how much work you were able to do over quarantine. if your quite far away from the grades you want or if you missed loads of work and had loads of overdue tasks then id suggest taking like an hour every weekend to just go over content taught in quarantine and make light notes of it or if you dont have good notes from quarantine then look at bbc bitesize or something and make notes from there. also if your grades are kinda bad relative to your goals or you find it hard to remeber content deffo do the hour a weekend.

also as a "tip" kinda id say draw pictures or diagrams where you can when making notes so they are easier to process rather than having to read a bunch of writing. also dont write in big paragraphs and keep the notes spaced out and like bullet points so its also easier to process.

but the main thing is to not overwork and overstress yourself and to take care of yourself while doing revision and keep your mental and physical wellbeing a priority

Original post by Granolakiddo
yes do some revision, I'm not talking about doing like 15 hours a day but, like an hour or 2 on the weekend. If you don't get something watches a yt vid or ask someone. Just manage your time

also for some context im yr 10
Original post by JamiePhillips
also for some context im yr 10

Oh then deffo don’t start like full on revision just yet. I think if you properly revise for every topic test in yr 10 and do one hour in the weekend going over stuff you don’t full understand from the week you should be fine. But if you don’t wanna do that hour a week you don’t have to cos your only in yr10 but from year 11 is really recommend you’d do small bits of revision over the week so your workload is less when it comes to revision period in yr 11
Thx for this

Quick Reply

Latest