The Student Room Group

Med students and doctors- is KenHub really that good?

Is it worth spending about 150 pounds to get the premium membership?

Scroll to see replies

Not really, looks appealing but you can survive without it.
Original post by A_J_B
Is it worth spending about 150 pounds to get the premium membership?

Never heard of it :confused:

Looking it up, it's anatomy software, right? Your uni might offer you some for free (or get the reps to badger them about it) or my anatomy tutor was adamant that "the only way to learn" is to borrow a skeleton from the DR and learn it every day :lol:
Virtual anatomy software from what I can tell.
A website that supposedly helps students learn anatomy. It does look appealing and they know how to promote it well (what with all the amazing reviews), but you don’t need to spend £150 to learn anatomy.
Reply 5
Original post by becausethenight
Never heard of it :confused:

Looking it up, it's anatomy software, right? Your uni might offer you some for free (or get the reps to badger them about it) or my anatomy tutor was adamant that "the only way to learn" is to borrow a skeleton from the DR and learn it every day :lol:

They are sponsoring lots of medic youtubers. Our uni has bought us complete anatomy.
Our reps are advertising Kenhub as well. They apparently have quizzes and flashcards, so basically its like an anatomy learning site.
Reply 6
Original post by Mesopotamian.
A website that supposedly helps students learn anatomy. It does look appealing and they know how to promote it well (what with all the amazing reviews), but you don’t need to spend £150 to learn anatomy.

Funnily enough, when I look for "kenhub reviews", they are all on the kenhub website:tongue:
Or just trawling through notes :rofl:

OP you can easily make anatomy flashcards using anki or Quizlet if that’s your sort of learning.
Original post by A_J_B
They are sponsoring lots of medic youtubers. Our uni has bought us complete anatomy.
Our reps are advertising Kenhub as well. They apparently have quizzes and flashcards, so basically its like an anatomy learning site.

We have complete anatomy too (and isn't it, er, a bit useless - I hate the two finger pan thing)

You can make your own flashcards with Acland's (would recommend too, especially if your spotters are on cadavers - the only thing is they go into way, way more detail than Y1 so you have to skip it intelligently) and whatever flashcard software you like, or there are probably pre-made Anki decks somewhere?

Also, reps advertising...? Bit dodgy...
Reply 9
We have complete anatomy too (and isn't it, er, a bit useless - I hate the two finger pan thing)

You can make your own flashcards with Acland's (would recommend too, especially if your spotters are on cadavers - the only thing is they go into way, way more detail than Y1 so you have to skip it intelligently) and whatever flashcard software you like, or there are probably pre-made Anki decks somewhere?

yea complete anatomy looks cool but its so graphic-intensive that my laptop becomes a frying pan
Need to look into Acland's...I think we have institutional access
And yea, our medsoc advertises kenhub lol

We have a whole host of pharmaceutical companies sponsoring our dentsoc, ranging from GSK to Colgate to Oral-B/ Braun...we’ve got quite the infidelity going on :teehee:
Reply 11
We have a whole host of pharmaceutical companies sponsoring our dentsoc, ranging from GSK to Colgate to Oral-B/ Braun...we’ve got quite the infidelity going on :teehee:

Grab the freebies when you can:tongue:
Original post by A_J_B
yea complete anatomy looks cool but its so graphic-intensive that my laptop becomes a frying pan
Need to look into Acland's...I think we have institutional access
And yea, our medsoc advertises kenhub lol

:lol: The uni-issued iPad does it for us, it's just not a great way to learn imo
Acland's is great :biggrin: Plus he has a very soothing voice!
Lol our med SU is very neutral and I like it lol - think there might be a 'our sponsors are...' at the bottom of emails but I ignore it!
We have a whole host of pharmaceutical companies sponsoring our dent-doc, ranging from GSK to Colgate to Oral-B/ Braun...we’ve got quite the infidelity going on :teehee:

:lol:
I find the levels of sponsorship in medicine/dent (eg all the societies and conferences being sponsored) a bit disturbing!
Original post by A_J_B
Grab the freebies when you can:tongue:

That’s the best part of studying dentistry...you never run out of free toothpaste (and floss and tooth brushes and even mouthwash if we’re lucky :lol:).
:lol:
I find the levels of sponsorship in medicine/dent (eg all the societies and conferences being sponsored) a bit disturbing!

That’s okay, let them think their promotions are getting somewhere whilst we grab all the freebies and run :mwuaha:
That’s okay, let them think their promotions are getting somewhere whilst we grab all the freebies and run :mwuaha:

:rofl:
With COVID, I haven't actually gotten any freebies :frown:
Reply 16

Ohh yeah there was no freshers fair ughh
I hope we are able to experience one tho
Original post by A_J_B
Ohh yeah there was no freshers fair ughh
I hope we are able to experience one tho

:dontknow:
We were told there might be a Jan one, but doesn't look like COVID wants to cooperate!

Same here, hopefully we get some next year :sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending