The Student Room Group

So I’d love to study history but studying law

Guys what do you think which degree is better? I’m most likely to study law but I know that history is something I’m much more interested in. However what career aside form a teacher (which I don’t want) and a professor (which is a dream but extremely difficult to get) can history provide ? Thanks
I would probably go for a history undergrad rather than law.
I studied theology.
With a history degree you could become an author, civil servant, curator, journalist, librarian, politician, presenter, office worker.
Original post by Nikitka
Guys what do you think which degree is better? I’m most likely to study law but I know that history is something I’m much more interested in. However what career aside form a teacher (which I don’t want) and a professor (which is a dream but extremely difficult to get) can history provide ? Thanks

Depends which uni and how much you enjoy it. If your uni is good enough, then History would be fine and you could cross qualify.
Reply 3
Thanks for the answer! Can I ask what are you doing now with the theology degree?
Original post by Nikitka

Original post by londonmyst
I would probably go for a history undergrad rather than law.
I studied theology.

Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Depends which uni and how much you enjoy it. If your uni is good enough, then History would be fine and you could cross qualify.

Cross qualify - you mean GDL? And I think about RG if I get the grades
Original post by Nikitka
Cross qualify - you mean GDL? And I think about RG if I get the grades

If you dont get the grades then its unlikely your legal career is going anywhere.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/history
Reply 6
If you dont get the grades then its unlikely your legal career is going anywhere.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/history

Well there’re Leicester and Aberdeen with ABs aren’t there ?
Original post by Nikitka
Well there’re Leicester and Aberdeen with ABs aren’t there ?

Gyms are allowed to be open during lockdown.
Reply 8
Gyms are allowed to be open during lockdown

Too smart for me rn. You mean nobody uses them ? Elaborate pls
I’m not an expert but I heard from somewhere that if you do a degree like literature, history or Philosophy then you can do law after (like not as a full 3 year degree)
Original post by SparkleFace
I’m not an expert but I heard from somewhere that if you do a degree like literature, history or Philosophy then you can do law after (like not as a full 3 year degree)

The GDL. You can do this after any degree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending