The Student Room Group

Obsessed with cleaning

I have not got ocd or anything but im just obsessed with hoovering up my room and in the house and I keep doing it. I have just spent £300 on a dyson hoover, its like im a 23 year old guy, everyone else is probably buying the new ps5 or xbox or just a new gadget with their money but I have spent that much on a hoover. I just clean every day when I get back not because anything but I just enjoy it and my mate said do I want to hang out but I said no I'm going to clean up and he said why am I cleaning up everyday do I have a problem then I told him about the new expensive hoover and started saying stuff. I think its not good that I keep cleaning.

Scroll to see replies

Imo it’s way better than the complete opposite and being an absolute slob. Though not going out with friends simply because you want to tidy is a tad expensive. Good on you for being able to afford the hoover though, Dyson is so bloody expensive
Reply 2
Original post by DOOODARS
Imo it’s way better than the complete opposite and being an absolute slob. Though not going out with friends simply because you want to tidy is a tad expensive. Good on you for being able to afford the hoover though, Dyson is so bloody expensive

Yes its a good company and probably the best
Original post by Anonymous
I have not got ocd or anything but im just obsessed with hoovering up my room and in the house and I keep doing it. I have just spent £300 on a dyson hoover, its like im a 23 year old guy, everyone else is probably buying the new ps5 or xbox or just a new gadget with their money but I have spent that much on a hoover. I just clean every day when I get back not because anything but I just enjoy it and my mate said do I want to hang out but I said no I'm going to clean up and he said why am I cleaning up everyday do I have a problem then I told him about the new expensive hoover and started saying stuff. I think its not good that I keep cleaning.

Sorry to say but hover does not clean carpets, in fact no appliances can clean the embedded dirty
Why do you feel the need to clean so obsessively?????
Reply 5
Original post by glassalice
Why do you feel the need to clean so obsessively?????

I just enjoy using the hoover like I genuinely find it fun
Reply 6
Sorry to say but hover does not clean carpets, in fact no appliances can clean the embedded dirty

A hoover or vacuum can probably do it the best though
Reply 7
Do you feel out of control of this habit? As long as your happy doing it and its not interfering with your life in negative ways its probably not an issue. Some people just like to keep a tidy house.
I just enjoy using the hoover like I genuinely find it fun

You would want to kill me then.

I vacuumed bleach up my hoover. Now when ever it is used, it omits a foul smell.

I wish I could have your enthusiasm about cleaning.

Also thank you for not conflating cleaning with OCD :smile:.
Reply 9
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Do you feel out of control of this habit? As long as your happy doing it and its not interfering with your life in negative ways its probably not an issue. Some people just like to keep a tidy house.

No

I vacuumed bleach up my hoover. Now when ever it is used, it omits a foul smell.

Just buy a hoover and start cleaning and you might like it. I enjoyed it first because my mum came in with the hoover saying like hoover my room so I was like ffs then I just enjoyed it
Just buy a hoover and start cleaning and you might like it. I enjoyed it first because my mum came in with the hoover saying like hoover my room so I was like ffs then I just enjoyed it

Ever since then I always hooverd
Reply 12

How on earth?? :rofl:

What hoover do you have?

omg same i can't stand not having an immaculate-looking room
Original post by HS_1
omg same i can't stand not having an immaculate-looking room

Same
Same

but like i don't go overboard..

Ugh. In short, thats what happens when you try to clean during a dissociative episode. It is like being drunk/ on drugs.

Spoiler

Mine was quite expensive- A Shark R.I.P
Mine was quite expensive- A Shark R.I.P

Dyson is better