The Student Room Group

How to achieve A* in A level Geography

Hi people those doing geography A Level this summer how r u preparing for it. I really want an A* in geo but currently getting no higher than a B. Advice and tips please.
Hi! I’m currently getting As and A*s in geography and honestly I think it’s because of my high scores in 20 and 9 markers. I think the best thing to do is make sure you have 1 or 2 case studies for each topic (I’m quite good at memorisation so I know it’s not as easy for some as it is others) and I recommend using flash cards for this. If you’re already getting Bs then it seems like structure isn’t much of a problem however I think that you should still practice with questions every once in a while. Mainly the higher mark questions.
Physical and human geography separately, my grades do differ. I am more scientifically driven and so it’s easier for me to get higher grades in physical. Human geography, you can get away with a bit of waffling, which frankly I’m not quite good at. If you do subjects like economics or business, it can really help you understand some topics in human that can boost your grade a bit.
I’m not sure what exam board you’re doing but i do AQA and I really recommend the Hodder education textbook as it can go into quite good detail for case studies.
Reply 2
Original post by itsprincess
Hi! I’m currently getting As and A*s in geography and honestly I think it’s because of my high scores in 20 and 9 markers. I think the best thing to do is make sure you have 1 or 2 case studies for each topic (I’m quite good at memorisation so I know it’s not as easy for some as it is others) and I recommend using flash cards for this. If you’re already getting Bs then it seems like structure isn’t much of a problem however I think that you should still practice with questions every once in a while. Mainly the higher mark questions.
Physical and human geography separately, my grades do differ. I am more scientifically driven and so it’s easier for me to get higher grades in physical. Human geography, you can get away with a bit of waffling, which frankly I’m not quite good at. If you do subjects like economics or business, it can really help you understand some topics in human that can boost your grade a bit.
I’m not sure what exam board you’re doing but i do AQA and I really recommend the Hodder education textbook as it can go into quite good detail for case studies.

Hi I do aqa too and my physical pulls me down most sometimes cos my 20 markers are honestly poor. I do econ so human side I get away with waffling lol. I need minimum A but I really want an A* in geo. Do you want to be a revision buddy for geo kind of till exams?
Original post by Ferrari08
Hi I do aqa too and my physical pulls me down most sometimes cos my 20 markers are honestly poor. I do econ so human side I get away with waffling lol. I need minimum A but I really want an A* in geo. Do you want to be a revision buddy for geo kind of till exams?

Sure! Considering I feel I’m doing better in physical and you feel the opposite :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending