The Student Room Group

Law with an International Study

Hi I’m currently in Year 12 at Sixth Form and I’m really hoping to study Law at university in England and hopefully do a year at an international university. This may sound like a stupid question but I was just wondering if I decide to do this course will I be able to choose which international university I go to or will the university choose that for me?
Original post by kiera.stobie
Hi I’m currently in Year 12 at Sixth Form and I’m really hoping to study Law at university in England and hopefully do a year at an international university. This may sound like a stupid question but I was just wondering if I decide to do this course will I be able to choose which international university I go to or will the university choose that for me?

You are really going to have to look in more detail as how your target universities deal with this. In international years it is normal they have agreement with certain other universities for exchanges, so you would need to check which ones they are. If you have a specific uni in mind then maybe ask them which uk unis they are linked to. With other arrangements then some unis its more marketing and they expect/ let you sort yourself out for good or ill.

If its a major part of your aspiration, its going to need a lot of research for you to get to the bottom of whats on offer.
Focus on your studies, but keep it as a side project that you can sort out before y13.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You are really going to have to look in more detail as how your target universities deal with this. In international years it is normal they have agreement with certain other universities for exchanges, so you would need to check which ones they are. If you have a specific uni in mind then maybe ask them which uk unis they are linked to. With other arrangements then some unis its more marketing and they expect/ let you sort yourself out for good or ill.

If its a major part of your aspiration, its going to need a lot of research for you to get to the bottom of whats on offer.
Focus on your studies, but keep it as a side project that you can sort out before y13.

I’ve looked at the University of Manchester and also Edinburgh and they both do courses called Law with International Study. I’m really interested in going to the University of Toronto for my international year and luckily both Manchester and Edinburgh offer that. What would you recommend doing for preparation/ research and planning?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending