The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter firm choice

I chose Exeter as my firm choice for Physics and Astronomy, but I haven't had an email from Exeter uni to confirm they know I've chosen them as a firm, especially because I want to start applying for accommodation and haven't had my student ID from them. Has anyone else had this problem? Not having an email from them for acknowledgment? Thanks for any help!
Reply 1
Original post by rachelm2805
I chose Exeter as my firm choice for Physics and Astronomy, but I haven't had an email from Exeter uni to confirm they know I've chosen them as a firm, especially because I want to start applying for accommodation and haven't had my student ID from them. Has anyone else had this problem? Not having an email from them for acknowledgment? Thanks for any help!

Hi! I haven’t recieved a decision from Exeter yet so this might not applyto you, but they never sent me anything since I sent off my application - no confirmation email, details about the process or accomodation, nothing. So it’s probably not too weird that you haven’t heard anything back yet. As long as it’s official on UCAS the admissions team at Exeter will know about it
Someone else correct me if I’m wrong!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by burleys
Hi! I haven’t recieved a decision from Exeter yet so this might not applyto you, but they never sent me anything since I sent off my application - no confirmation email, details about the process or accomodation, nothing. So it’s probably not too weird that you haven’t heard anything back yet. As long as it’s official on UCAS the admissions team at Exeter will know about it
Someone else correct me if I’m wrong!

Yeah I was in the same boat! I hadn't heard anything off of them until my offer (which btw I don't know if they're doing interviews this year as I wasn't asked to do one), it was starting to worry me! I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't heard much off them, but I emailed them and they replied to me saying that we can't apply for accommodations until March anyway, so as long as we've selected them as firm then there's nothing to worry about! Thank you for replying to me, I hope I was able to help as well!
Yeah I was in the same boat! I hadn't heard anything off of them until my offer (which btw I don't know if they're doing interviews this year as I wasn't asked to do one), it was starting to worry me! I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't heard much off them, but I emailed tmhem and they replied to me saying that we can't apply for accommodations until March anyway, so as long as we've selected them as firm then there's nothing to worry about! Thank you for replying to me, I hope I was able to help as well!

Universities dont open accommodation yet. There is plenty of time to hear something. The January deadline hasnt been reached so not everyone has applied yet.
Yeah I was in the same boat! I hadn't heard anything off of them until my offer (which btw I don't know if they're doing interviews this year as I wasn't asked to do one), it was starting to worry me! I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't heard much off them, but I emailed them and they replied to me saying that we can't apply for accommodations until March anyway, so as long as we've selected them as firm then there's nothing to worry about! Thank you for replying to me, I hope I was able to help as well!

How have you already chosen them as your firm? I thought you had to wait until you received decisions from all you choices? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
Universities dont open accommodation yet. There is plenty of time to hear something. The January deadline hasnt been reached so not everyone has applied yet.

I didn't think of it that way, it was only because I was curious and looking at their website so I was a bit confused as I couldn't find a date where you could start the process! So I emailed and they let me know of the month the applications open for accommodation!
Reply 6
Original post by laurawatt
How have you already chosen them as your firm? I thought you had to wait until you received decisions from all you choices? :smile:

I managed to get my UCAS in quite early as my college was pushing for everyone to get them in so I sent mine off beginning of November! I had replies from all the unis I had applied for about a week or 2 ago so I was able to choose my firm and insurance then! I've been dreaming of going to Exter uni for quite a while now so it was a no-brainer for me to put them down as my firm choice as soon as I could!
I managed to get my UCAS in quite early as my college was pushing for everyone to get them in so I sent mine off beginning of November! I had replies from all the unis I had applied for about a week or 2 ago so I was able to choose my firm and insurance then! I've been dreaming of going to Exter uni for quite a while now so it was a no-brainer for me to put them down as my firm choice as soon as I could!

Ooh lovely, I’m so happy for you!

Hi well done on your offer! How long did it take to come through as i’ve been waiting a few weeks now (i have also applied for physics)
Reply 9

Ahh that's great! I think they are doing interviews but online - someone I know applied for Medicine there. But now at least it's cleared up and you can just focus on exams, without having to worry about accommodation or interviews because you're in! Congratulations!
And yes that did help actually :smile:thanks!
Original post by burleys
Ahh that's great! I think they are doing interviews but online - someone I know applied for Medicine there. But now at least it's cleared up and you can just focus on exams, without having to worry about accommodation or interviews because you're in! Congratulations!
And yes that did help actually :smile:thanks!

Exeter like all universities dont generally use interviews for most subjects. There is a legal requirement to interview for some subjects but other than that you are unlikely to be interviewed. It would a waste of the university's time. They can base offers on your application and reference.

when did you apply and how long after you applied did you receive the offer? also for what subject?

Hi @rachelm2805,

I am sorry for the slight delay in picking this up. I assume you have checked junk folders and that you know that your contact details on the UCAS application were correct? You should have received an acknowledgement email from our Admissions Team, if this has not come through, I would recommend contacting them (with your UCAS ID) so that they can look into this and let you know the status of your application; you can use our contact form or call them on 0300 555 60. Alternatively, if you privately message me with your name and UCAS ID I can ask one of my colleagues to investigate for you.

I hope that this is already resolved but if not please do just get in touch.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Hey! I applied to Exeter last year but I deferred to this year. It look a couple of weeks for me to get my offer in November then I got an email acknowledging that I made Exeter my firm in February so it takes a while! As for accommodation etc, they didn’t really send me anything until February/March time and the application doesn’t open until April I think. Your student ID should be at the top of any email they have sent you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending