The Student Room Group

Looks matter to women more than they admit

Long article but i will summarize the conclusion into 2 points.

1) Looks matter to women more than they admit.
2) Looks are the gatekeeper, if you pass women's look test, even if your personality is a bit *****er women can still accept.

Can we want slap anyone who says women arent shallow now?

https://www.livescience.com/amp/58607-mens-looks-may-matter-more-than-personality.html

Scroll to see replies

Attraction has nothing to do with being shallow, it's natural selection, attraction is a major part of (try not to sound too tribal) mating - it's nature whether you like it or not.

Besides that, I'd like to make a point that your interest in calling women shallow and somehow victimising men for not being good looking enough for the 'evil shallow woman' is probably doing you no good in the attraction department.
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Attraction has nothing to do with being shallow, it's natural selection, attraction is a major part of (try not to sound too tribal) mating - it's nature whether you like it or not.

Besides that, I'd like to make a point that your interest in calling women shallow and somehow victimising men for not being good looking enough for the 'evil shallow woman' is probably doing you no good in the attraction department.

white knighting isnt gonna get you laid bro.
Original post by HucktheForde
white knighting isnt gonna get you laid bro.

Carrying around folders of women studies from the incel institute won't either biff.
Carrying around folders of women studies from the incel institute won't either biff.

its from livescience :facepalm2: livescience is incel institute now? ok :rofl2:
its from livescience :facepalm2: livescience is incel institute now? ok :rofl2:

What do I care where you go to augment your incel aroma, why don't you rent a truck, move to Toronto and get it over with already.
What do I care where you go to augment your incel aroma, why don't you rent a truck, move to Toronto and get it over with already.

Toronto is not a place you can go with a truck. Trucks dont swim in the atlantic ocean...Are you American?
Reply 7
I prioritize personality regardless of how valid others may think it is or what a study says. When meeting someone you have to ask yourself if you'll still be attracted to them 20 years down the line when their good looks have faded and their personality is all thats left.

Dating standards in general, male or female, are pretty shallow these days. But this is a huge generalization, plenty of women do genuinely look for personality...
(edited 3 years ago)
I thought the first word was 'Locks ' and that this was going to be a really strange thread... :colonhash:
Reply 9
Long article but i will summarize the conclusion into 2 points.

1) Looks matter to women more than they admit.
2) Looks are the gatekeeper, if you pass women's look test, even if your personality is a bit *****er women can still accept.

Can we want slap anyone who says women arent shallow now?

https://www.livescience.com/amp/58607-mens-looks-may-matter-more-than-personality.html

of course looks matter, it's not like it's a secret. looks matter to men as well, even more so probably. stop being so bitter jesus.
Toronto is not a place you can go with a truck. Trucks dont swim in the atlantic ocean...Are you American?

Jesus that was lame :lol:
And men choose girls solely on their personality?
Reply 12
this study is so misleading. 1) how much of one’s personality can you tell from a photograph and a personality profile? if i tell you i’m funny, smart, trustworthy, caring, outgoing, even tempered and giving, i have not shown you my personality - i’m just saying words. it’s impossible to tell one’s personality from a description; you have to actually meet a person at least a few times over.

2) the study was only conclusive of dating - not mating. it’s probable that looks do matter more for a blind date, or at the beginning of dating or if a woman is only looking for a fling. but when it comes to mating, i doubt a partner’s looks can make up for a personality that’s boring, lazy, inattentive, annoying, etc.

3) the study is conclusive of online dating where you’ve not talked yet or speed dating where you talk for like a minute. it doesn’t measure situations where for meet through friends, work, school, church, or any other alternative where you get to at least know each other a bit; so women might be more physically judgemental in some contexts but to leap to the conclusion of overall shallowness i would say is an overstatement.
Why shouldn't looks matter to women?
Since the study is based only on online dating - of course looks matter more as that’s the thing you can base attraction on - so fundamentally it’s flawed to some degree. Besides girls say I look so different to my Facebook picture as I never use the website often so never bother to change photos etc - and to be honest I’m not very photogenic.
Reply 15
maybe it's because old guys always go for young girls if they can afford them, **** knows (:
Depends on the woman tbh. For me, someone becomes genuinely more physically attractive if I like their personality.
I'm a girl and looks matter to me. Of course personality is key for a good long lasting relationship and ultimately is what I care about. But I disagree with the 'in 20 years time' comment above. If I'm not actually attracted to you in the first place, we don't need to worry about what will happen in 20 years time.
You’re clearly just a shallow and nasty person. How do you think your post is going to make people feel? Why post something that might hurt people’s feelings?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending