The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Ranking Universities on how diverse they are

what university are the most ethnically diverse in England? I’d like to study Biomedical science and I’d like to meet people from all sorts of backgrounds and would like to know from :
Aston
UWE
Staffordshire
Anglia Ruskin
Wolverhampton
Coventry
Hertfordshire
Kent
Kingston
Nottingham Trent
Plymouth
Reading
Sheffield Hallam
Staffordshire
Wolverhampton

Scroll to see replies

How do you measure ethnic diversity?
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I’m looking for a mostly Asian university as I’m Asian myself and I’m anxious I won’t fit in if I were to go to a uni without a lot of Asian people.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m looking for a mostly Asian university as I’m Asian myself and I’m anxious I won’t fit in if I were to go to a uni without a lot of Asian people.

So not that diverse at all then?

QMUL is your university then.
Reply 5
Original post by Mesopotamian.
QMUL is your university then.

what about out of the universities I’ve names in the post above would you say is a suitable university

You'll probably need to go to Asia to find a 'mostly Asian university'. Strange that!
what about out of the universities I’ve names in the post above would you say is a suitable university

I have absolutely no clue about any of them.
unis probably will have their own Asian society
what university are the most ethnically diverse in England? I’d like to study Biomedical science and I’d like to meet people from all sorts of backgrounds and would like to know from :
Aston
UWE
Staffordshire
Anglia Ruskin
Wolverhampton
Coventry
Hertfordshire
Kent
Kingston
Nottingham Trent
Plymouth
Reading
Sheffield Hallam
Staffordshire
Wolverhampton

Hi there! I am a student at Kent and my best friend studies Biomed so I consulted her about your questions. She said that she has friends from all over the world as there are a lot of international and Erasmus students that come to study here at Kent : ) If you have further questions about Kent, please do ask :smile:
From my opinion aston has a lot more coloured people than white
Original post by StudentRep Canterbury
Hi there! I am a student at Kent and my best friend studies Biomed so I consulted her about your questions. She said that she has friends from all over the world as there are a lot of international and Erasmus students that come to study here at Kent : ) If you have further questions about Kent, please do ask :smile:

Thank you for your help! I had one more question, I strictly do not drink alcohol and I know at university lots of people do that sort of things, are there other people like me? And what do they do instead :smile:
Thank you for your help! I had one more question, I strictly do not drink alcohol and I know at university lots of people do that sort of things, are there other people like me? And what do they do instead :smile:

They drink other things. Plenty of people don't drink owing to personal preference, medication or religion. My daughter is a white atheist but does not drink although she has no issues about going to pubs. Being tee total never caused her any issues at university.
Aston
UWE
Staffordshire
Anglia Ruskin
Wolverhampton
Coventry
Hertfordshire
Kent
Kingston
Nottingham Trent
Plymouth
Reading
Sheffield Hallam
Staffordshire
Wolverhampton

Hi there!

First of all it’s great to hear you are considering studying at Aston!

In my experience Aston is a very diverse university hosting people of all faiths, races and nationalities.

Aston hosts over 3000 international students so you won’t have any problem meeting people from all over the globe and also has a range of different cultural societies that you can join to learn more about other cultures and countries!

I hope this helps but feel free to ask any more questions!

- Poppy :smile:
Original post by Aston University
Hi there!

First of all it’s great to hear you are considering studying at Aston!

In my experience Aston is a very diverse university hosting people of all faiths, races and nationalities.

Aston hosts over 3000 international students so you won’t have any problem meeting people from all over the globe and also has a range of different cultural societies that you can join to learn more about other cultures and countries!

I hope this helps but feel free to ask any more questions!

I do biology, environmental science and psychology, do you think they will accept me if I apply to biomed? :smile:
I do biology, environmental science and psychology, do you think they will accept me if I apply to biomed? :smile:

Hi there!

Aston’s entry requirements for biomedical science are as follows:
BBB in three A Level subjects including Biology.
BBC in three A Level subjects including Biology and B in either Core Maths or Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
BCC in three A Level subjects including Biology for our contextual offer scheme.*
The following subjects will not be considered as one of the core three A Levels - General Studies, Critical Thinking, Citizenship Studies.

I hope this helps but for more information I have copied the link for Aston’s biomed course below for more information!

https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/biomedical-science-bsc-2021

Aston
UWE
Staffordshire
Anglia Ruskin
Wolverhampton
Coventry
Hertfordshire
Kent
Kingston
Nottingham Trent
Plymouth
Reading
Sheffield Hallam
Staffordshire
Wolverhampton

Hi! I'm a current student studying at the University of Sheffield. Sheffield is great for inclusivity and is one of the most international Universities in the UK which gave me a chance to meet people from all over the world! In my University accommodation itself, my flatmates were from Italy, Cyprus, Egypt and Japan! There are around 400 societies including many national and cultural societies that gave me a chance to learn more about the cultures of different regions. And everyone is very welcoming and friendly here so it's honestly been one of the best places for me to make friends from everywhere!

So if you want to know anything about the student life here, the city or the University in general, please let me know!

-Sanchari
4th Year MEng Materials Science and Engineering, UoS
Reply 17
Aston
UWE
Staffordshire
Anglia Ruskin
Wolverhampton
Coventry
Hertfordshire
Kent
Kingston
Nottingham Trent
Plymouth
Reading
Sheffield Hallam
Staffordshire
Wolverhampton

Hello,
I study at ARU doing biomedical science, honestly anglia ruskin is so diverse you have various different societies, I am an asian myself in the first week I was able to join tamil society. But theres several didn't tamil, indian I know my course mate how looking to start a Pakistan soc. It doesn't matter whether you are tamil or indian you are always welcome to join them everyone is kind and welcoming. As for diversity in my flat alone theres two Portuguese residents, one african black, one asian (me) and two white people. So diversity is literally right on your doorstep literally. I know theres a indian girl and Pakistan male in the next flat along. The perks of doing biomed is theres loads of different backgrounds, cultures, languages so you don't have to worry bout not fitting in. you will find people that are right for you
hope that was helpful
I'll be happy to answer any other questions
look forward to seeing you next year potentially
Aston
UWE
Staffordshire
Anglia Ruskin
Wolverhampton
Coventry
Hertfordshire
Kent
Kingston
Nottingham Trent
Plymouth
Reading
Sheffield Hallam
Staffordshire
Wolverhampton

Hey,

We have 6000 international students that come from 113 countries, so we have a very diverse student population at Sheffield Hallam. We have a international experience team that support our international students throughout their time here. There are lots opportunities to get involved with workshops, clubs and activities and over 300 student led societies ranging from subject specific or hobby to cultural societies which you can explore here. Current student Zhanna explains how she has been supported as an international student at Hallam on her student story page.

You can find out more about what our current Biomedical Science students do in their placement year by watching this video. But there are a range of placements you can undertake. You can explore our Biomedical Science course page for more detail on modules, careers and entry requirements. and our last virtual open day of 2020 takes place this Wednesday 9th Decmeber with live chat with academics and current students 5-7pm GMT. You can watch our brand new course talks on the day by registering here and then will have access to this content until January.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Ella
Official Sheffield Hallam rep :h:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey, Jack here from Staffordshire University.
Our Uni is very diverse and friendly, I've made a lot of friends here with different ethnic backgrounds and we all get along fine and just kind of 'mesh' together :smile: My class is quite small but I've gotten to know all of them and people from other courses too and we're from all over!

Highly reccomend Staffs Uni, even during COVID the atmosphere in the digital classroom has stayed incredibly friendly and inclusive.

Hope this helps and maybe I'll see you around campus when the world has settled down after COVID :smile:

-Jack Tomlinson

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending