The Student Room Group

Social policy degree

Hii, I've applied for Social Policy at Bristol, Leeds, Bath and York and I can't find much info/discussion about the degree. Wanted to make this if anyone got any offers so far or just wanted to talk about the course/Unis ect because no ones every heard of the course aha:smile: (I applied for 2 separate courses at Bristol: social policy and social policy + politics)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applied for Social Policy with Politics at LSE, SP Politics at Bristol, and Policy, Politics and Economics at Birmingham.I applied as it involved the part of politics im really interested in, which is how to solve social problems such as poverty and inequality and stuff like that. I submitted my application yesterday and I'm not expecting much from LSE but Bristol is my first choice. Why did you want to apply?
Reply 2
Original post by imgoingtofail231
Hii, I've applied for Social Policy at Bristol, Leeds, Bath and York and I can't find much info/discussion about the degree. Wanted to make this if anyone got any offers so far or just wanted to talk about the course/Unis ect because no ones every heard of the course aha:smile: (I applied for 2 separate courses at Bristol: social policy and social policy + politics

I've had offers from 4 out of 5 so far. They all replied in around 5 days. From Liverpool, Lincoln, Leeds and York. Still waiting on 1 other uni
(edited 3 years ago)
Hii, I've applied for Social Policy at Bristol, Leeds, Bath and York and I can't find much info/discussion about the degree. Wanted to make this if anyone got any offers so far or just wanted to talk about the course/Unis ect because no ones every heard of the course aha:smile: (I applied for 2 separate courses at Bristol: social policy and social policy + politics)

Hi I applied for Global humanitarian studies at UCL
Social Policy (w year abroad) at Birmingham
International social and public policy w year abroad at Bristol
Social and public policy w Masters at Glasgow and
Social policy and Sociology at Liverpool
On the 3rd November
Offers from Bristol and Liverpool on the 9th and 10th then nothing else :/
Thanks for the replies! Bristol in my first choice too, so far I have got offers from Leeds (ABB/BBB + A in EPQ) and York (BBC). When i was choosing, i so nearly chose LSE but it involved a bit more economics than other courses so i decided against it, Good Luck guys
Offer from Birmingham today :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Libbykay08
Offer from Birmingham today :smile:

Congratulations!!!! So did I. What grades did they say to get in?
Hi I applied for Global humanitarian studies at UCL
Social Policy (w year abroad) at Birmingham
International social and public policy w year abroad at Bristol
Social and public policy w Masters at Glasgow and
Social policy and Sociology at Liverpool
On the 3rd November
Offers from Bristol and Liverpool on the 9th and 10th then nothing else :/

Well done on Birmingham! Can i ask what your UCAS grades are, as i'm still waiting for Bristol lol
My UCAS grades are ABB (seemingly a lot lower than lots of people on other chats!!). Bristol put me on hold but gave an offer the day after so don’t be too worried if you get that too. My Birmingham offer was BBB so is definitely my 2nd if not 1st choice now :smile:
Reply 9
My UCAS grades are ABB (seemingly a lot lower than lots of people on other chats!!). Bristol put me on hold but gave an offer the day after so don’t be too worried if you get that too. My Birmingham offer was BBB so is definitely my 2nd if not 1st choice now :smile:

We have the same UCAS grades so I wouldn't worry about that since I've had offers from all my choices. Birmingham will be my 1st choice aswell😊
Original post by Lav1010
We have the same UCAS grades so I wouldn't worry about that since I've had offers from all my choices. Birmingham will be my 1st choice aswell😊

Glasgow asks for AAB and there are only 20 places on the UCL course I think so am not expecting offers from either of them! It's just between Bristol or Birmingham I think.
Reply 11
Glasgow asks for AAB and there are only 20 places on the UCL course I think so am not expecting offers from either of them! It's just between Bristol or Birmingham I think.

I see. Birmingham and Bristol are both brilliant unis though.
Original post by Lav1010
I see. Birmingham and Bristol are both brilliant unis though.

Yes, my grandparents, parents and uncle all went to Birmingham so I’m really pleased I didn’t get rejected!!
Reply 13
Yes, my grandparents, parents and uncle all went to Birmingham so I’m really pleased I didn’t get rejected!!

Following in their footsteps I see!
Good luck for Glasgow and UCL by the way! just got the 2 offers from Bristol so Im content, Well done for getting so many offers everyone!!!
Good luck for Glasgow and UCL by the way! just got the 2 offers from Bristol so Im content, Well done for getting so many offers everyone!!!

Well done!!
Glasgow offer today for social and public policy
Reply 17

How long was the wait for the offer for Social Policy and Politics @ Bristol? I submitted my application on the 14th December and was put on hold a week or so later and heard nothing else yet.
hi there! I have applied for social policy degrees too at Bristol, York, Glasgow and Kent and also applied to Brighton for the Humanities course. I have been offered places at York and Glasgow :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Finally, I found other people applying for social policy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending