The Student Room Group

Migrating Apache Kafka to Aiven

Hi there!

I'm using an Apache Kafka cluster that I'm currently self managing. Since our team is getting bigger we are looking for a managed service, where we can migrate Kafka clusters into.

I'm in the process of utilizing Avro shemas with the Schema registry over the Amazon S3 sink Kafka connector.

Now I'm always getting a warning popup to use Kafka MirrorMaker. Is that really necessary? How can I migrate Kafka to Aiven without the MirrorMaker?
Original post by Straight_F
Hi there!

I'm using an Apache Kafka cluster that I'm currently self managing. Since our team is getting bigger we are looking for a managed service, where we can migrate Kafka clusters into.

I'm in the process of utilizing Avro shemas with the Schema registry over the Amazon S3 sink Kafka connector.

Now I'm always getting a warning popup to use Kafka MirrorMaker. Is that really necessary? How can I migrate Kafka to Aiven without the MirrorMaker?

I’ve had a little scratch around online, but couldn’t find anything too useful. This is a bit outside my knowledge, so maybe StackOverflow might be more useful?
Reply 2
Original post by Straight_F
Hi there!

Not really a question suited for TSR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending