The Student Room Group

Boyfriend likes pictures and follows girls he used to sleep with

Been with my boyfriend a year and the first 6 months were perfect but the last 6 months all we’ve done is argue. I bring up and issue and he handles it really badly and turns it into an argument even when it’s something small. I wasn’t anxious or insecure at all but since we’ve been arguing I’ve been extremely anxious.

I was upset because he follows an ex-hook up on Instagram and liked all her photos and it made me uncomfortable. He can’t understand why and made me feel like I was overreacting. What can I do? Am I just really insecure?

This has happened 3 times now where he’s still been following/liking girls’ photos from right before he started seeing. I’m not bothered about the ones form a million years ago but he was literally f*cking 2 of them 3 weeks before meeting me at the same time :smile:

He’s not given me any reason to believe he’s cheating but it’s just not nice to see but it’s even more difficult that he doesn’t respect my feelings and invalidates them. It just makes me think because we’ve been arguing, what if he thinks he’s made a mistake and wants to keep updated on their lives idk. He keeps telling me it’s normal to be friends after having casual sex but it doesn’t sit right with me. What can I do?
just tell him how u feel abt it honestly i'd find it quite uncomfortable too
Reply 2
Original post by HS_1
just tell him how u feel abt it honestly i'd find it quite uncomfortable too

I have told him on 3 separate occasions where I’ve noticed he’s liked/followed 3 different girls and the same thing happens every time. He’s started saying things like I’m controlling and that I want him to unfollow every girl on Instagram when it’s literally just the people he f*cked right before me I’m bothered about lol
Original post by Anonymous
I have told him on 3 separate occasions where I’ve noticed he’s liked/followed 3 different girls and the same thing happens every time. He’s started saying things like I’m controlling and that I want him to unfollow every girl on Instagram when it’s literally just the people he f*cked right before me I’m bothered about lol

I'm sorry i probs can't give u the best advice cos I have no experience of this but honestly I just don't understand y men do this it blows my mind
Reply 4
Original post by HS_1
I'm sorry i probs can't give u the best advice cos I have no experience of this but honestly I just don't understand y men do this it blows my mind

It’s okay ahah and me neither?? Seems so disrespectful imo, it’s not a big deal to me to just simply unfollow someone you used to sleep with
Been with my boyfriend a year and the first 6 months were perfect but the last 6 months all we’ve done is argue. I bring up and issue and he handles it really badly and turns it into an argument even when it’s something small. I wasn’t anxious or insecure at all but since we’ve been arguing I’ve been extremely anxious.

I was upset because he follows an ex-hook up on Instagram and liked all her photos and it made me uncomfortable. He can’t understand why and made me feel like I was overreacting. What can I do? Am I just really insecure?

This has happened 3 times now where he’s still been following/liking girls’ photos from right before he started seeing. I’m not bothered about the ones form a million years ago but he was literally f*cking 2 of them 3 weeks before meeting me at the same time :smile:

He’s not given me any reason to believe he’s cheating but it’s just not nice to see but it’s even more difficult that he doesn’t respect my feelings and invalidates them. It just makes me think because we’ve been arguing, what if he thinks he’s made a mistake and wants to keep updated on their lives idk. He keeps telling me it’s normal to be friends after having casual sex but it doesn’t sit right with me. What can I do?

I’m a guy btw and I’ll give you my opinion. I feel like if my gf were to say this to me I would also find it pretty controlling and make her come off as insecure. I also feel like if you’re in a relationship there should be some sort of trust between you two, by confronting him about this I feel like you’re basically telling him you don’t trust him.
It’s okay ahah and me neither?? Seems so disrespectful imo, it’s not a big deal to me to just simply unfollow someone you used to sleep with

maybe try and talk to him again idk I mean I don't know wht else u could u tbh also I don't quite understand y he would want to be updated w his exes when he's in a relationship w u now like tht's his past and should remain there y make ur gf uncomfortable and then say she's controlling just DELETE and block sir anyways I'm rlly sorry and I hope it all works out hun x
Reply 7
I’m a guy btw and I’ll give you my opinion. I feel like if my gf were to say this to me I would also find it pretty controlling and make her come off as insecure. I also feel like if you’re in a relationship there should be some sort of trust between you two, by confronting him about this I feel like you’re basically telling him you don’t trust him.

I can see why it would seem that way but I’m not trying to control him I literally don’t care if he follows girls and likes their pics as long as they’re not 1) provocative and 2) someone he used to sleep with literally right before me. I’m not even bothered about him liking his ex’s photos from a few years ago it’s just the recent ones that bother me. He has lots of friends that are girls and I don’t care if he likes their pics but when it comes to a recent ex-fwb I find it odd.
I can see why it would seem that way but I’m not trying to control him I literally don’t care if he follows girls and likes their pics as long as they’re not 1) provocative and 2) someone he used to sleep with literally right before me. I’m not even bothered about him liking his ex’s photos from a few years ago it’s just the recent ones that bother me. He has lots of friends that are girls and I don’t care if he likes their pics but when it comes to a recent ex-fwb I find it odd.

Whenever guys sleep with someone it doesn’t automatically mean that they used to like them or even find them attractive. Saying this as a guy, most guys will **** anything with a vag
Reply 9
Original post by HS_1
maybe try and talk to him again idk I mean I don't know wht else u could u tbh also I don't quite understand y he would want to be updated w his exes when he's in a relationship w u now like tht's his past and should remain there y make ur gf uncomfortable and then say she's controlling just DELETE and block sir anyways I'm rlly sorry and I hope it all works out hun x

Yes exactly !!! He’s not even friends with them one of them literally lives in Australia now so why is he still liking her pics? Thank you xx
Whenever guys sleep with someone it doesn’t automatically mean that they used to like them or even find them attractive. Saying this as a guy, most guys will **** anything with a vag

We’ll idk I think you’d disagree if you saw these girls ahaha. They’re gorgeous which just makes it worse lol
Yes exactly !!! He’s not even friends with them one of them literally lives in Australia now so why is he still liking her pics? Thank you xx

Just want to give you some advice and not trying to invalidate your feelings but as a guy and I believe most guys can agree with this but when a girl doesn’t trust you/ gets jealous/ is controlling it automatically gives them the ick. If I were you I would leave it for a while. Getting mad over liking someone post isn’t worth ruining a relationship for. If he wanted to sleep around, he would be single, but he’s not, he’s with you.
Ed Sheeran's Shape of You has 5bn views. Christina Perri's Thousand Years has nearly 2bn views.

Do you think that's means that most of the world's population has each viewed the videos once, or do you think there's people who watch/listen to these songs over and over because they really like them and how it makes them feel?

I'm sure your bf is like that. He has these old songs that he listened to and he liked them at the time, and every now again he listens to them again, he remembers how it made him feel at the time. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a current fave song now.

I don't think there's retrospective exclusivity for boyfriends - it's not like sole agency for selling your house or anything.
Just want to give you some advice and not trying to invalidate your feelings but as a guy and I believe most guys can agree with this but when a girl doesn’t trust you/ gets jealous/ is controlling it automatically gives them the ick. If I were you I would leave it for a while. Getting mad over liking someone post isn’t worth ruining a relationship for. If he wanted to sleep around, he would be single, but he’s not, he’s with you.

Yeah I can totally see that tbf. He hasn’t given me any reason to believe he’s cheating so I’m just my own worst enemy really. I’m pretty sure he’s unfollowed all the girls he was sleeping with directly before me now anyways so I don’t think there will be anything else to bring up hopefully.
Original post by Trinculo
Ed Sheeran's Shape of You has 5bn views. Christina Perri's Thousand Years has nearly 2bn views.

Do you think that's means that most of the world's population has each viewed the videos once, or do you think there's people who watch/listen to these songs over and over because they really like them and how it makes them feel?

I'm sure your bf is like that. He has these old songs that he listened to and he liked them at the time, and every now again he listens to them again, he remembers how it made him feel at the time. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a current fave song now.

I don't think there's retrospective exclusivity for boyfriends - it's not like sole agency for selling your house or anything.

I mean I don’t really agree. I hate the thought he has those feelings for other women ahaha. He shouldn’t be looking at other girls and reminiscing about their time together when he has a gf. I certainly don’t feel sentimental about my ex’s.

To address the Ed Sheeran thing, I doubt those are genuine numbers. 5b views but no one I know not a soul has heard the song or seen the video or even sure of who he is......🤔 bet he bought the views. Fake just like his lyrics in Castle On the Hill talking about ...smoking and kissing girls at 15 lmfaoooooo yeah right Ed! I laughed. Same thing for Despacito I mean.... It sounds like any old song, there's farrrr better Spanish language songs too if we wanna account for every single Spanish person on the planet tuning in (which I doubt). Nah. Yet neither of those singers in Despacito can amass views even close to that number. You'd think several billion views would mean both artists (one I never heard of and the other Daddy Yankee) brought several 100million views each at LEAST. But Daddy Yankee collabed with THE Janet ****ing Jackson and for about two years it didn't even reach 100million between the two of them....... Now I think Lean On by Major Lazer getting 7b views is still laying it on thick....are there even 7b people on the planet. Like even if you replay the song...youre not reloading the page to add a view??? It just doesn't add up. 7b views would mean at least 3b people revisited the song at separate times. Bahahaha yeah RIGHT. Anyways.......lol just adding onto what you said. Then like....Michael Jackson... Everyone knows his music, lyrics, dance moves, songs, face, even know his kids. Yet this guy doesn't even have 3b views altogether for every video. But ppl with 7BILLION views can't anyone I walk by even tell me who Major Lazer is. Oh dear. That would mean all of Asia like all of it repeats the song. Teehee. Just the shady industry at work lying about stats to push their motives and fav artists.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
To address the Ed Sheeran thing, I doubt those are genuine numbers. 5b views but no one I know not a soul has heard the song or seen the video or even sure of who he is......🤔 bet he bought the views. Fake just like his lyrics in Castle On the Hill talking about ...smoking and kissing girls at 15 lmfaoooooo yeah right Ed! I laughed. Same thing for Despacito I mean.... It sounds like any old song, there's farrrr better Spanish language songs too if we wanna account for every single Spanish person on the planet tuning in (which I doubt). Nah. Yet neither of those singers in Despacito can amass views even close to that number. You'd think several billion views would mean both artists (one I never heard of and the other Daddy Yankee) brought several 100million views each at LEAST. But Daddy Yankee collabed with THE Janet ****ing Jackson and for about two years it didn't even reach 100million between the two of them....... Now I think Lean On by Major Lazer getting 7b views is still laying it on thick....are there even 7b people on the planet. Like even if you replay the song...youre not reloading the page to add a view??? It just doesn't add up. 7b views would mean at least 3b people revisited the song at separate times. Bahahaha yeah RIGHT. Anyways.......lol just adding onto what you said. Then like....Michael Jackson... Everyone knows his music, lyrics, dance moves, songs, face, even know his kids. Yet this guy doesn't even have 3b views altogether for every video. But ppl with 7BILLION views can't anyone I walk by even tell me who Major Lazer is. Oh dear. That would mean all of Asia like all of it repeats the song. Teehee. Just the shady industry at work lying about stats to push their motives and fav artists.

didn’t meant to start a music debate 🥴
didn’t meant to start a music debate 🥴

It's not a debate. It's an additive comment on what someone said. I wasn't debating what the guy said, I was adding on. 👍

I'll just put this on ur wall instead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending