The Student Room Group

Schools need to shut

I am so so so scared

I am super worried about getting covid. I get waves of anxiety and its making me feel like I have covid already (with breathlessness and painful chest and tiredness and stuff), so what will it be like when I actually get covid???

I am so worried, its so horrible that all students and teachers are being put at risk by staying at school. WE ARE THE ONES SPREADING IT AROUND!!

I have read news reports of teenagers who have had it and their lungs have collapsed and they have died... It could happen to any of us. I am worried that I am more at risk for being BMI 17-ish. (not my fault, I lose weight because of type 1 diabetes). dont wanna start panicking if I ever get a cough, but I might. and then it'll get WAY worse and then I might die as well!! Noooo!

Should school close? Opinions????
Original post by Anonymous
I am so so so scared

I am super worried about getting covid. I get waves of anxiety and its making me feel like I have covid already (with breathlessness and painful chest and tiredness and stuff), so what will it be like when I actually get covid???

I am so worried, its so horrible that all students and teachers are being put at risk by staying at school. WE ARE THE ONES SPREADING IT AROUND!!

I have read news reports of teenagers who have had it and their lungs have collapsed and they have died... It could happen to any of us. I am worried that I am more at risk for being BMI 17-ish. (not my fault, I lose weight because of type 1 diabetes). dont wanna start panicking if I ever get a cough, but I might. and then it'll get WAY worse and then I might die as well!! Noooo!

There’s a very low risk you’ll die from it. Close to impossible so don’t worry about it, I know high risk people with diabetes in their 60-70s who have got it and recovered from it with only mild symptoms however the severity is unpredictable. I wouldn’t worry so much if I were you as you’re young, and most likely will be fine. These stories you’ve been reading have been designed to scaremonger the younger generation in order for them to follow COVID guidelines, which I mean is fair enough. As long as you’re wearing a face mask and even just loosely social distancing (even like 1 metre), there is very little chance you will catch the virus. I personally don’t think school should close due to the mental health issues and quality of education we would receive if teaching were to be done online but that’s just my opinion. If you really are that worried, you could perhaps get a parent to phone into school and ask if you can do school online
I am so so so scared

Please dont be scared lovely:frown: The government are keeping schools open due to the importance of your education. They are really trying to keep schools open for your benefit and your benefit only.
Reply 3
There’s a very low risk you’ll die from it. Close to impossible so don’t worry about it, I know high risk people with diabetes in their 60-70s who have got it and recovered from it with only mild symptoms however the severity is unpredictable. I wouldn’t worry so much if I were you as you’re young, and most likely will be fine. These stories you’ve been reading have been designed to scaremonger the younger generation in order for them to follow COVID guidelines, which I mean is fair enough. As long as you’re wearing a face mask and even just loosely social distancing (even like 1 metre), there is very little chance you will catch the virus. I personally don’t think school should close due to the mental health issues and quality of education we would receive if teaching were to be done online but that’s just my opinion. If you really are that worried, you could perhaps get a parent to phone into school and ask if you can do school online

But those news reports were of people with no underlying health conditions!
Reply 4
Original post by safewithmarnie
Please dont be scared lovely:frown: The government are keeping schools open due to the importance of your education. They are really trying to keep schools open for your benefit and your benefit only.

To get us all ill and get our grandparents and our parents sick?
To get us all ill and get our grandparents and our parents sick?

That is not their aim, they just want you to get your education
Reply 6
there will be a spike again!
Reply 7
Original post by safewithmarnie
That is not their aim, they just want you to get your education

I suppose so!

Quick Reply

Latest