The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queens PGCE 2021/22 Applications

Hey everyone :smile:

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard back from Queens regarding their PGCE application? Mine still says the decision is pending and I'm starting to worry a bit because I know the interviews are usually in December. I've applied for a post-primary PGCE, but any info on the progress of the primary ones is welcome also!

Scroll to see replies

Hey there,I've applied for the English PGCE and havnt heard anything yet myself. Getting a bit worried myself but it's good to hear others are in the same boat.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Hello!

I've applied for post primary also, a mature student at 35 ....

I spoke to a lady via email yesterday and they advised me the shortlisting was taking place as we speak and should here very soon. If positive news, you will get an email inviting for virtual interview, if unsuccessful, the portal will update to reflect this.
Reply 3
Original post by Glenryantownson
Hey there,I've applied for the English PGCE and havnt heard anything yet myself. Getting a bit worried myself but it's good to hear others are in the same boat.

I've applied for the English PGCE as well! I'm so relieved it's not just me who hasn't heard yet, I had a problem with my application so I was so worried that I'd messed it up entirely. Fingers crossed that we hear something soon though!
Reply 4
Original post by Askabar
Hello!

I've applied for post primary also, a mature student at 35 ....

I spoke to a lady via email yesterday and they advised me the shortlisting was taking place as we speak and should here very soon. If positive news, you will get an email inviting for virtual interview, if unsuccessful, the portal will update to reflect this.

ohhh that's so reassuring to hear, hopefully we hear something back soon! Good luck!
Reply 5
Hi

Just had an email inviting me for interview Maths PGCE.

Anyome else?
Original post by Glenryantownson

Hi, I've also applied for the English PGCE and haven't heard anything back. I'm worried because they said that the interviews start in December (which is tomorrow). It seems to be extremely competitive!
Reply 7
Original post by ljones445
Hi, I've also applied for the English PGCE and haven't heard anything back. I'm worried because they said that the interviews start in December (which is tomorrow). It seems to be extremely competitive!

My interview is obviously for Mathematics, so each subject will have different lead times.
My interview is on the 11th Dec
I got an email for an interview. Does anyone have any ideas what the questions may be ?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I got an email for an interview. Does anyone have any ideas what the questions may be ?

What subject area?
Original post by Askabar
What subject area?

Computing
Have a maths interview. Any idea of questions they may ask?
Hi there :smile:
I applied for a Modern Languages PGCE and haven't heard anything back yet either! I'm hoping the interviews are simply delayed due to the pandemic. Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Askabar
My interview is obviously for Mathematics, so each subject will have different lead times.
My interview is on the 11th Dec

Hopefully it went well!

I have one on Monday.
Hey everyone! I've been invited to an interview for the English PGCE, does anyone have any idea what sort of questions they might ask?
Original post by girlwanders
Hey everyone! I've been invited to an interview for the English PGCE, does anyone have any idea what sort of questions they might ask?

Well done! Is this for QUB?
It says that my decision is still pending. Fingers crossed!!
Congrats!!! When is your interview?

Good luck!!!
Hi have you had your interview yet, I have my Computing PGCE interview on Tuesday.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
I had my interview, for Maths, on Friday 11th.
Went really well, I think..
Original post by Askabar
I had my interview, for Maths, on Friday 11th.
Went really well, I think..

That's great, is their anything I should research or focus on based on the questions you where asked on Monday?

Quick Reply

Latest