The Student Room Group

Signs female friends like you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Do you think this is ok? “I know we’re friends but I’ve enjoyed spending time with you recently and although I may have misread, have felt at times like there might be more between us. I would love to take you on a date if you’d be interested.”

yea sounds good. obviously, I don't know you or your friend so the judgment is on you on how she will react.
But it sounds good. don't overdo it. and don't react if she says no.
Oh, also big point here: have a plan of the date. eg I would love to take you out to _____ if you'd be interested. then if she says no say well would you like to go as friends then.
And I know if she says no it will really hurt. but you don't want her to feel awkward guilty or uncomfortable so don't let it show too much
We’ve known each other 3 years but I was never that close to her before, she was just in the circle of friends and I occasionally spoke to her. In a group, she talks to me over any other guy and sometimes seems like she’s following me even if I’m taking to others. She tries to butt in the conversation too. If I ask if she wants to do something she won’t say no unless she’s thinking of seeing her parents or siblings then. If she’s not keen on something she’ll say so but might do it anyway. She laughs at my jokes and if I make prolonged eye contact, she’ll maintain it for 5 seconds then look away. She asks me lots of questions and tells me everything too. But confused because she rarely texts me first and never initiates plans with me.

My dude! It sounds like she likes you, but is just scared to admit it or initiate anything. Maybe you should text her first, start a conversation, and wait do you like her? anyways, if you do like her, admit it, and ask how she feels. that usually how i go about it when im talking to shy guys.
Original post by Always Confused?
My dude! It sounds like she likes you, but is just scared to admit it or initiate anything. Maybe you should text her first, start a conversation, and wait do you like her? anyways, if you do like her, admit it, and ask how she feels. that usually how i go about it when im talking to shy guys.

I used to think this but then she moves away if I get too close when it’s just us 2 alone.
I used to think this but then she moves away if I get too close when it’s just us 2 alone.

Maybe don't be all up on her physically? Just talk to her about it.
Maybe don't be all up on her physically? Just talk to her about it.

Does asking friends out ruin the friendship?

I mean, depending on who the person is, you could always ask her out on a date, and tell her no pressure, and see how it goes.
I mean, depending on who the person is, you could always ask her out on a date, and tell her no pressure, and see how it goes.

A friend said to me that very few girls will nearly always be available and agree to meet with you nearly every weekend unless they like you.
I had a thought.

Original post by Driftway
yea sounds good. obviously, I don't know you or your friend so the judgment is on you on how she will react.
But it sounds good. don't overdo it. and don't react if she says no.
Oh, also big point here: have a plan of the date. eg I would love to take you out to _____ if you'd be interested. then if she says no say well would you like to go as friends then.
And I know if she says no it will really hurt. but you don't want her to feel awkward guilty or uncomfortable so don't let it show too much

I had a thought. Would it be better asking her out after my small birthday gathering on the weekend? I don’t want her to feel guilty by having to reject me on or before my birthday or make it awkward for her to come if the answer is no.

ah it could be a no
I had a thought.

I had a thought. Would it be better asking her out after my small birthday gathering on the weekend? I don’t want her to feel guilty by having to reject me on or before my birthday or make it awkward for her to come if the answer is no.

sounds like a good plan. go for it
i

if its a true friendship youll be able to get past it
A friend said to me that very few girls will nearly always be available and agree to meet with you nearly every weekend unless they like you.

I'm not saying ask her out every weekend. Ask her out ONCE and if she agrees, see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, have a talk with her, and go back to being friends.
I'm not saying ask her out every weekend. Ask her out ONCE and if she agrees, see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, have a talk with her, and go back to being friends.

I already do ask her if she wants to meet every weekend and she says yes every time.
I already do ask her if she wants to meet every weekend and she says yes every time.

hurry up and ask her out I want to know how it goes. I have got weirdly invested in your love life. Sorry about that.
Best of luck tho mate. some **** just isn't gonna work out every time. If she says no there'll be someone else for you.
hurry up and ask her out I want to know how it goes. I have got weirdly invested in your love life. Sorry about that.
Best of luck tho mate. some **** just isn't gonna work out every time. If she says no there'll be someone else for you.

Haha, oh dear. It’s my small birthday gathering on Monday and I see her at a group thing on Thursday too. It might make it awkward for her to come if I ask before those?
Original post by anonymous
i already do ask her if she wants to meet every weekend and she says yes every time.

then take her on a date sir she likes you you like her cha cha cha!
(edited 3 years ago)

What this person said XD I totally agree with.
Just ask her out bud, she says yes WOOOOO HOOOOOOO if not, you find someone else, you ask them out, they say yes WOOOOOO HOOOOOO
What this person said XD I totally agree with.
Just ask her out bud, she says yes WOOOOO HOOOOOOO if not, you find someone else, you ask them out, they say yes WOOOOOO HOOOOOO

lol sorry i got a bit agressive, but i see you and this girl happening.
lol sorry i got a bit agressive, but i see you and this girl happening.

No worries. I’m worried about it being a no and it gets awkward especially before my birthday. We don’t always agree on things and sometimes we’re both careful what we say around each other. And sometimes she’s nervous around me. Also she turns her head quickly after about 5 seconds when I look.
No worries. I’m worried about it being a no and it gets awkward especially before my birthday. We don’t always agree on things and sometimes we’re both careful what we say around each other. And sometimes she’s nervous around me. Also she turns her head quickly after about 5 seconds when I look.

pleaseee go for it. if she says no she says no. that's the worst thing that can happen you seem really into her and I'm sure shell appreciate your caution

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending