The Student Room Group

hair growing more back more thicker and coarse after shaving

I’ve heard that this is a “myth” a lot, even after searching this up, no one had seemed to experience more hair growing back after shaving. Which is starting to stress me out a little bit as this happens to me but no one else. This is a pain as I am quite hairy and I’m now getting cautious of shaving as I know after a couple of shaves more will start growing back. What do I do? :/
Hair only appears to be more abundant/ thicker when it grows back after shaving due to the blunt ends of the hair that the razor creates. It also appears to grow back more quickly, however it doesn't actually grow quicker, its just that with waxing etc you are cutting the hairs shorter so it takes longer for it to return to its original length.

Have you considered using hair removal creams or waxing?
Reply 2
Original post by FatYikes
Hair only appears to be more abundant/ thicker when it grows back after shaving due to the blunt ends of the hair that the razor creates. It also appears to grow back more quickly, however it doesn't actually grow quicker, its just that with waxing etc you are cutting the hairs shorter so it takes longer for it to return to its original length.

Have you considered using hair removal creams or waxing?

ahh the case might be my blunt razors then. but for example I was shaving my legs and a few months after I’ve noticed it’s starting to go down to my ankles. And this has happened for other places as well.
And yeah I’ve waxed once or twice but I’m really bad at it, and I don’t tend to use hair removal creams unless it’s somewhere like the armpits nd maybe arms.
That might be something I’d look into though.

Quick Reply

Latest