The Student Room Group

Is it over with this women or should I just give time

A woman was in love with me 10 years ago, I had alot on my plate at the time so I didn't let her in my life. Anyway... 10 years later she notices me on a dating website and reaches out to me, she still remembered me and said she could never forget my name and face and joked that I caused her a 'broken heart', she invited me to her home a day later, she said she hoped I haven't changed as she liked me how I was alot. Anyway we sit at her place talking, I went for the kiss and she allowed it and then soon after I went home. So that was the end of first date, she carried on messenging me alot and still seemed to like me, she then invited me over once again but I couldn't go as I was fixing a cupboard. Anyway a couple days later she took two days to reply, she said something about having to close off for a few days due to depression and she cancelled my resheduled dates, but she's recently ghosted me for 2 weeks when I tried resheduling a date etc.
But then yesterday my family member died and I contacted her telling her, she told me that she had given up on dating and that she was sorry for my lose. I haven't heard from her today.
Is it over?
Why does she not like me anymore?
Am I a completely different person in her eyes to what I used to be?
Does she find it creepy that I know where she lives?

Scroll to see replies

it seems she has lost interest, it happens. If she was interested, she would be quick to reply to you and want to spend time with you. She might not like you, because people change. You probably aren't a bad person, just people's wants and needs change and thata just a part of life. Your life is your own, but maybe you should try to move on - especially as she isnt dating anymore.
Reply 2
Original post by raquelthestudent
it seems she has lost interest, it happens. If she was interested, she would be quick to reply to you and want to spend time with you. She might not like you, because people change. You probably aren't a bad person, just people's wants and needs change and thata just a part of life. Your life is your own, but maybe you should try to move on - especially as she isnt dating anymore.

It just seemed to change so quickly
Reply 3
It sucks
Reply 4
Original post by Jakesmithyi
A woman was in love with me 10 years ago, I had alot on my plate at the time so I didn't let her in my life. Anyway... 10 years later she notices me on a dating website and reaches out to me, she still remembered me and said she could never forget my name and face and joked that I caused her a 'broken heart', she invited me to her home a day later, she said she hoped I haven't changed as she liked me how I was alot. Anyway we sit at her place talking, I went for the kiss and she allowed it and then soon after I went home. So that was the end of first date, she carried on messenging me alot and still seemed to like me, she then invited me over once again but I couldn't go as I was fixing a cupboard. Anyway a couple days later she took two days to reply, she said something about having to close off for a few days due to depression and she cancelled my resheduled dates, but she's recently ghosted me for 2 weeks when I tried resheduling a date etc.
But then yesterday my family member died and I contacted her telling her, she told me that she had given up on dating and that she was sorry for my lose. I haven't heard from her today.
Is it over?
Why does she not like me anymore?
Am I a completely different person in her eyes to what I used to be?
Does she find it creepy that I know where she lives?

Anyone?
Reply 5
:colonhash:
Reply 6
Anybody
let it go.
stop hurting her more
leave her
you didnt want her before so now she dont want you
Reply 8
Original post by ipsabhatt
let it go.
stop hurting her more
leave her
you didnt want her before so now she dont want you

You think?
I am leaving her alone
You think?
I am leaving her alone

i mean id you like her and want her you could always try to explain yourself and apologise profusely and she may be willing to give you a chance
i mean id you like her and want her you could always try to explain yourself and apologise profusely and she may be willing to give you a chance

I've been told by dating gurus on YouTube that you should never tell a women you like her or make your feelings clear, because according to them it completely turns them off. Apparently women want a man whose feelings are unclear
Yes- it is over.
Time for you to move on.

You didn't show much sexual interest in her, either now or 10 years ago.
You don't appear to have shared her obvious interest in starting a relationship when she initiated contact with you again on the dating site.
You gave her lukewarm responses to her sexual advances when you met again face to face and turned down her invite to meet up at her home again to fix a cupboard.
Little signs of any enthusiasm from you and plenty of mixed signals during chats that suggest you had little interest in dating her.
She has ongoing issues with depression, politely responded with condolences after being informed of your bereavement and let you know that she has totally given up on dating.
Original post by londonmyst
Yes- it is over.
Time for you to move on.

You didn't show much sexual interest in her, either now or 10 years ago.
You don't appear to have shared her obvious interest in starting a relationship when she initiated contact with you again on the dating site.
You gave her lukewarm responses to her sexual advances when you met again face to face and turned down her invite to meet up at her home again to fix a cupboard.
Little signs of any enthusiasm from you and plenty of mixed signals during chats that suggest you had little interest in dating her.
She has ongoing issues with depression, politely responded with condolences after being informed of your bereavement and let you know that she has totally given up on dating.

My shyness ruined it :frown:.
But then again I did admit at the end that I liked her as a final message
i think maybe she just changed her mind. She probably thought she was into you and was thinking about the past and then when she met up w u realised she was over it. It's probably nothing to do w u. All you can do is move on im afraid. I hope things work out.
My shyness ruined it :frown:.
But then again I did admit at the end that I liked her as a final messageno

no scrap that i agree
ur simply bored and looking to her as a distraction or a play thing
dont break her heart again thats so messed up
leave it and you can find someone else
may i suggest tinder?
Original post by something_orphic
i think maybe she just changed her mind. She probably thought she was into you and was thinking about the past and then when she met up w u realised she was over it. It's probably nothing to do w u. All you can do is move on im afraid. I hope things work out.

Maybe I was better back then
no scrap that i agree
ur simply bored and looking to her as a distraction or a play thing
dont break her heart again thats so messed up
leave it and you can find someone else
may i suggest tinder?

I like her. I wouldn't break her heart again
Maybe I was better back then

I really don't think you were. I have gone off guys bc i have moved on not because they had changed or because they were less interesting but just because i decided i had moved on.
Original post by something_orphic
I really don't think you were. I have gone off guys bc i have moved on not because they had changed or because they were less interesting but just because i decided i had moved on.

But she did invite me around again
I've been told by dating gurus on YouTube

Oh no

Quick Reply

Latest