The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get all A*s in my gcses in 6 months?

I am just wondering that is it possible for me to get all A*s with 3 hours of revision every night starting from now? I flopped on my mocks and my next ones are in February and my aim is 7s in those. I do 7 gcses and i have mainly finished the content already for most of it except triple science so all I have to do is coursework and revision. My aim is to go sixth form and ne happy about my results on results day.
Reply 1
Definitely, GCSEs don't have as much content as A levels but make sure to include practise questions in your revision and don't always do 3 hours every night as you might burn out before your exams even start.
Original post by sxnead
Definitely, GCSEs don't have as much content as A levels but make sure to include practise questions in your revision and don't always do 3 hours every night as you might burn out before your exams even start.

so you think 3 hours every night is excessive? how much do you recommend someone to do every night to achieve all A's in gcses
Original post by shalley112323
I am just wondering that is it possible for me to get all A*s with 3 hours of revision every night starting from now? I flopped on my mocks and my next ones are in February and my aim is 7s in those. I do 7 gcses and i have mainly finished the content already for most of it except triple science so all I have to do is coursework and revision. My aim is to go sixth form and ne happy about my results on results day.

since youve basically finished learning new content, it's easier to revise because there's an end to it if that makes sense? work can be overwhelming when it feels endless. take it day by day, don't overwork!! maybe all A's might be aiming too high unless youre just naturally really smart. don't set yourself up for failure just try your best .
no matter what happens I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by cheese toes
since youve basically finished learning new content, it's easier to revise because there's an end to it if that makes sense? work can be overwhelming when it feels endless. take it day by day, don't overwork!! maybe all A's might be aiming too high unless youre just naturally really smart. don't set yourself up for failure just try your best .
no matter what happens I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

Yeah thanks , recently I have not been motivated especially during mocks where I did not really try my best but since this new month has started I want to change this around and be happy about my results. How many hours of revision do you recommend right now though? Are you an a level student? I am not really smart or really dumb I am kind of average :smile:
Yes definitely. You just have to put in the work. A lot of people ik who got 9s did 1-2 hours every day/ most days and then ramped it up a bit when they got nearer. Don't be too disappointed if you don't get all 9s try and aim for 7-9 with 9s in subjects that r relevant to what you might wanna do at sixth form. Even Oxbridge doesn't care if you got some 7s just so long as you got an 8/9 in relevant subjects (if that is what you are aiming for). It is definitely doable. Good luck!!
Original post by shalley112323
Yeah thanks , recently I have not been motivated especially during mocks where I did not really try my best but since this new month has started I want to change this around and be happy about my results. How many hours of revision do you recommend right now though? Are you an a level student? I am not really smart or really dumb I am kind of average :smile:

ah ok, well done for deciding to try, I'm the exact same, I haven't been motivated In the slightest recently! I'm a GCSE student. I'd say probably 2 hours a day maybe depending on how you feel and what subjects youre doing. most people lose concentration when it comes to studies after like 30 mins, so take breaks and don't stay on one subject for too long :smile:
Original post by something_orphic
Yes definitely. You just have to put in the work. A lot of people ik who got 9s did 1-2 hours every day/ most days and then ramped it up a bit when they got nearer. Don't be too disappointed if you don't get all 9s try and aim for 7-9 with 9s in subjects that r relevant to what you might wanna do at sixth form. Even Oxbridge doesn't care if you got some 7s just so long as you got an 8/9 in relevant subjects (if that is what you are aiming for). It is definitely doable. Good luck!!

Yeah thanks for that , really motivating for me.
Original post by cheese toes
ah ok, well done for deciding to try, I'm the exact same, I haven't been motivated In the slightest recently! I'm a GCSE student. I'd say probably 2 hours a day maybe depending on how you feel and what subjects youre doing. most people lose concentration when it comes to studies after like 30 mins, so take breaks and don't stay on one subject for too long :smile:

alright , thanks! really appreciate it :smile: my next mock exam is around february so would you think if im able to do the normal revision techniques everyone would do (such as past papers , flashcards , watching videos and practice questions) i would bump up my grades a few bit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending