The Student Room Group

Student finance help please!!

Hi,
I started a sports science course at UCLan in September then transferred to a foundation games design course. This was only a transfer and at no point did I a withdraw and reapply. Both in the same academic year and same university. I am now considering withdrawing and taking some time out as I am struggling with a lot of family issues and mental health issues. Will I be deducted one year and therefore still have enough funding left for a course whenever I choose to go back or will they deduct 2 years as I changed to a foundation course. Thank you so much!
Original post by Willc2705
Hi,
I started a sports science course at UCLan in September then transferred to a foundation games design course. This was only a transfer and at no point did I a withdraw and reapply. Both in the same academic year and same university. I am now considering withdrawing and taking some time out as I am struggling with a lot of family issues and mental health issues. Will I be deducted one year and therefore still have enough funding left for a course whenever I choose to go back or will they deduct 2 years as I changed to a foundation course. Thank you so much!

Hi, do you have 1 year of previous study or 2? If you transferred in the same academic year then it should only be one year of previous study.
If you only have one year of previous study and are withdrawing from your course then you will still be able to receive funding to start a new course.

Students are eligible to receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, do you have 1 year of previous study or 2? If you transferred in the same academic year then it should only be one year of previous study.
If you only have one year of previous study and are withdrawing from your course then you will still be able to receive funding to start a new course.

Students are eligible to receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,
Thank you for your response. Not 100% sure what you’re asking but I’ll try to clarify here;
2020-21 UCLan sports science year 1
2020-21 UCLan foundation games design year 0.
No other previous years of study. I am also leaving due to CPR so I may be able to apply for that in future if needed but I’d obviously prefer if I didn’t have to do all that. Thank you!
Hi Isaac,
Thank you for your response. Not 100% sure what you’re asking but I’ll try to clarify here;
2020-21 UCLan sports science year 1
2020-21 UCLan foundation games design year 0.
No other previous years of study. I am also leaving due to CPR so I may be able to apply for that in future if needed but I’d obviously prefer if I didn’t have to do all that. Thank you!

If you just transferred courses then this will only be one year of previous study. You therefore will be eligible for future funding without CPR.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
If you just transferred courses then this will only be one year of previous study. You therefore will be eligible for future funding without CPR.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you so much for your reply Isaac. Yes, it was an internal transfer form which sent a change of circumstance notification to SFE, NOT a case of withdrawing and then reapplying etc, so I ought to be fine?
Thank you so much for your reply Isaac. Yes, it was an internal transfer form which sent a change of circumstance notification to SFE, NOT a case of withdrawing and then reapplying etc, so I ought to be fine?

You're welcome - yes based on the information provided it should be fine.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Thank you Isaac. The SFE Twitter support chat and helpline have said the same so overall that’s plenty of confirmation. I was just worried as foundation courses are Ofc longer with a cheaper first year but apparently it shouldn’t be an issue as it was an internal transfer at the same establishment and academic year.
Thank you Isaac. The SFE Twitter support chat and helpline have said the same so overall that’s plenty of confirmation. I was just worried as foundation courses are Ofc longer with a cheaper first year but apparently it shouldn’t be an issue as it was an internal transfer at the same establishment and academic year.

You're welcome, yes they are my colleagues, I also work on Twitter :smile:
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending