The Student Room Group

Handwriting help

I’ve had handwriting issues for years but spent lockdown working on my penmanship. It was so bad no one could read my writing. Could I have some reviews now, about if it is neat and easy to read. There is one spelling mistake that I wrote over, but the rest is genuine.

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

I would be more than pleased to oblige.
Original post by Studentystudent!
I’ve had handwriting issues for years but spent lockdown working on my penmanship. It was so bad no one could read my writing. Could I have some reviews now, about if it is neat and easy to read. There is one spelling mistake that I wrote over, but the rest is genuine.

Thank you!

This is handwritten by me
Me too !
Original post by tinygirl96
I would be more than pleased to oblige.

Just put up a pic. Sorry had to figure out how to add pics
It’s definitely legible! Very neat :yep:
Original post by laurawatt
It’s definitely legible! Very neat :yep:

Thank you. I spent days working on it :smile:
it’s super neat. i’m jealous lol!
Great job on working on your writing. I had to do the same at school as well.

One thing I would say is not to make your colons ( : ) too bubbly. Try to make your lower-case L a little longer at the top, and perhaps add the small flick at the bottom too. Try to also make sure that your O and A lower-case letters look different enough. They appear a little similar in their shapes.

In general, though, great work - really smart not to join up your letters. I have to do the same because of how illegible my writing can get. :hat2:
Original post by chryssucks
it’s super neat. i’m jealous lol!

You’re the first person to ever say that to me. My handwriting was so bad as I have dyspraxia that I was given a laptop at school.
Original post by Quick-use
Great job on working on your writing. I had to do the same at school as well.

One thing I would say is not to make your colons ( : ) too bubbly. Try to make your lower-case L a little longer at the top, and perhaps add the small flick at the bottom too. Try to also make sure that your O and A lower-case letters look different enough. They appear a little similar in their shapes.

In general, though, great work - really smart not to join up your letters. I have to do the same because of how illegible my writing can get. :hat2:

Thank you. Yeah I know a couple of the colons weren’t great XD I’ll work on the L’s.
(edited 3 years ago)
You’re the first person to ever say that to me. My handwriting was so bad as I have dyspraxia that I was given a laptop at school.

oh right, okay. well it looks great now!
I am very impressed. So neat and lovely to read. Top marks for trying.
Original post by tinygirl96
I am very impressed. So neat and lovely to read. Top marks for trying.

Thank you :smile:
This is handwritten by me

it looks perfect to me! I may be a stranger but I'm proud of you you've clearly improved :smile:
Original post by cheese toes
it looks perfect to me! I may be a stranger but I'm proud of you you've clearly improved :smile:

Thank you so much!
Looks good to me.

The only real criticism I have is the letter h. The way you write it does make it look very similar to an n, though you can tell which it is based on the word.

Now the question is: did you write like that before, or did you write in cursive? It's a lot easier to make writing legible when it isn't joined up.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by TheMcSame
Looks good to me.

The only real criticism I have is the letter h. The way you write it does make it look very similar to an n, though you can tell which it is based on the word.

Now the question is: did you write like that before, or did you write in cursive? It's a lot easier to make writing legible when it isn't joined up.

I wrote with my letters joined.
looks great, well done
It's very easy to read.

My only criticism is that the ascenders are very short. (The ascenders are the bits that stick up above the main part of the text, for example in letters like b, d, h, k, l.) For example, your 'h' looks very similar to an 'n', and the 'a' is little different from 'd'. Your 'l' looks very much like an 'i' without a dot. Similarly, capital letters are barely taller than the lower-case.

But these are minor issues, as in most cases it's immediately clear to the reader what you mean.

Quick Reply

Latest