The Student Room Group

Fear of death of loved ones, is it only me?

I really so get so upset worrying about what would happen to me if something happened to my parents or any family members :frown:

Sometimes my mom will say things when we all be doing our own things she'll say 'one day when I'm not here you will understand' :frown:

And it makes me extremely extremely upset. I don't say anything in front of everyone but I just go to my room and weep silently.
I love my parents to bits and if anything ever happened to them I don't know what I would do.

I get so upset thinking about death of loved ones including my nan and grandad too :frown:
I literally feel like I have a lump in my throat right now:frown:
I worry so much.
dw the feelings universal
Original post by Anonymous
I really so get so upset worrying about what would happen to me if something happened to my parents or any family members :frown:

Sometimes my mom will say things when we all be doing our own things she'll say 'one day when I'm not here you will understand' :frown:

And it makes me extremely extremely upset. I don't say anything in front of everyone but I just go to my room and weep silently.
I love my parents to bits and if anything ever happened to them I don't know what I would do.

I get so upset thinking about death of loved ones including my nan and grandad too :frown:
I worry so much.

What you are feeling is perfectly normal, especially if you're young (that's not to say you care less about them when you're older, but at least you're more prepared to tackle the world...or should be, anyway).

You know it's going to happen eventually, but that doesn't make it any easier to face it. Just cherish the time you do have, which I hope will be many years to come.
No this is why my mom is going to redo her will.
Original post by Anonymous

I worry so much.

I take it you havent lost anyone yet bless.
Please try not to get upset, we all go through a phase of feeling so secure, that the thought of losing someone is scary. I can't glaze it over, death happens to everyone. But its what we do now that counts on how we live our lives, and how we love each other is what life is about.

What your mum says, 'one day when I'm not here you will understand'. My mum used to say that to me when i was young. This is just a phrase really. It doesnt mean that once shes gone, your going to understand everything. The message behind that phrase is when you grow up and were all a little older and a little wiser and adults ourselves we will understand.
yeah i feel like that sometimes. maybe because everything in my life goes wrong and that happening would end my world and life keeps throwing me more and more traumatic experiences

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending