The Student Room Group

Have you ever gotten detention or been suspended?

Go on

Scroll to see replies

I have never had detention, but I got suspended in middle school.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by sunny.side.up
I have never had detention, but I got suspended in middle school.

Spoiler

what did everyone say when you told them he pushed you first?
Reply 3
I got detentions a few times but never got suspended.

I notice schools suspends kids for silly things these days, that wouldn't have warranted a suspension when i was at school...
Reply 4
Detentions a fair few times, often for idiotic and trivial reasons
Original post by ANM775
what did everyone say when you told them he pushed you first?

The principal said it didn't matter because he sustained an injury and I didn't.
Nope lol.
Original post by ANM775
I got detentions a few times but never got suspended.

I notice schools suspends kids for silly things these days, that wouldn't have warranted a suspension when i was at school...

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:
Original post by TJ1997
Detentions a fair few times, often for idiotic and trivial reasons

Like what? :biggrin:
2 days for having a fight in school

Had detentions on multiple occasions
Loads of detentions.

No suspensions (though those were often due to a social worker mediating between me and whoever I was fighting and agreeing to not fight again or to take Isolation or in school all day detention)

One exclusion from 2nd school and I had to take my gcses in an alternative detention school for troubled kids. It wasn't living in.

Dropped out seeeeeeveral times, I repeated a couple years, finally went to uni thru clearing at 19 about to be 20. So yea.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
2 days for having a fight in school

Had detentions on multiple occasions

Why did you fight?
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Loads of detentions.

No suspensions (though those were often due to a social worker mediating between me and whoever I was fighting and agreeing to not fight again or to take Isolation or in school all day detention)

One exclusion from 2nd school and I had to take my gcses in an alternative detention school for troubled kids. It wasn't living in.

Dropped out seeeeeeveral times, I repeated a couple years, finally went to uni thru clearing at 19 about to be 20. So yea.

Were you a trouble maker?
Why did you fight?

Basically just this kid that everyone was supposedly scared of, tried to torment me. Then I had to beat him up...

My other fight in primary was with someone 2 years older than me, I fought him for taking my football, so I beat him up with a bat.
No.
Basically just this kid that everyone was supposedly scared of, tried to torment me. Then I had to beat him up...

My other fight in primary was with someone 2 years older than me, I fought him for taking my football, so I beat him up with a bat.

Were you guys playing a game or he just took it?
Reply 16
I had a detention on missing homework and then went on a streak of 20 months without missing another piece.
Were you guys playing a game or he just took it?

He just took it. It’s common for like older kids to take younger kids ball, just bullying gone wrong basically lol
Original post by 8013
I had a detention on missing homework and then went on a streak of 20 months without missing another piece.

Wow, that's dumb imo. Did you not do it or forget it?
He just took it. It’s common for like older kids to take younger kids ball, just bullying gone wrong basically lol

Oh. So, you just ran after him with a bat?

Quick Reply