The Student Room Group

UCAS Predicted Grafes

So I’m applying for Law and the grade requirements are AAA and I’m pretty sure I’ll get the conextexual offer which is AAB. My UCAS predicted grades are ABC, I can change my B to an A, but the C is what I’m a bit worried about. I’m not sure if my teacher will change it. Should I be worried?
Original post by tanyxm.ichaels
So I’m applying for Law and the grade requirements are AAA and I’m pretty sure I’ll get the conextexual offer which is AAB. My UCAS predicted grades are ABC, I can change my B to an A, but the C is what I’m a bit worried about. I’m not sure if my teacher will change it. Should I be worried?

What is the uni in question?
Original post by Keir Starmer
What is the uni in question?

Birmingham, Exeter & Bristol.

If you have predicted grades of AAC but the standard offer is AAB, Birmingham may be lenient by giving you an offer. However, it is unlikely for Exeter or Bristol. What subject is the grade C in?
Reply 4

Birmingham and Exeter are probably worth a go, but Bristol would just be a waste of a slot. Coming from someone who is predicted A*A*A* on UCAS, got a decent LNAT and still got put on hold at Bristol.
Original post by Anumu
Birmingham and Exeter are probably worth a go, but Bristol would just be a waste of a slot. Coming from someone who is predicted A*A*A* on UCAS, got a decent LNAT and still got put on hold at Bristol.

What does it mean to get 'put on hold' by a uni?
Reply 6
Original post by Keir Starmer
What does it mean to get 'put on hold' by a uni?

That they will consider it once they have more applications, essentially meaning I wasn't good enough to warrant a decision then and there.
Original post by Anumu

Oh wow, did u apply last year? Or is it this year?
Original post by Anumu
That they will consider it once they have more applications, essentially meaning I wasn't good enough to warrant a decision then and there.

do they tell you if you've been put on hold.
Reply 9
Oh wow, did u apply last year? Or is it this year?

This year. I dont actually know my LNAT score but got an offer from Durham, so presumably, its decent as they too normally wait until Jan to make most decisions.
Original post by Anumu
This year. I dont actually know my LNAT score but got an offer from Durham, so presumably, its decent as they too normally wait until Jan to make most decisions.

Oh! That’s good, can I ask how would you recommend to revise for the LNAT? My test is in a week or so
Reply 11
Oh! That’s good, can I ask how would you recommend to revise for the LNAT? My test is in a week or so

Probably a bit late to do much now, its good to prep a month before every week or so. Just go through practice tests on the lawyer portal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending