The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by safaamin
Omg I'm so sorry that I've taken so long to reply but I haven't been on TSR to avoid panicking during my exams. I'm on OCR for Eng Lit and P1 was awful for me! I found the Hamlet section far better than the Ibsen/Rossetti section when usually its the other way around. Out of all six questions for Ibsen/Rossetti, I settled on the one about raising issues but not giving solutions (something like that?). Paper 2 (I did dystopia) was okay. They gave us a weird extract but the essay section was alright. I've already preferred the P2 side of the course anyway, I usually get A*s in it compared to Bs in P1. It was an okay set of papers this year but they weren't AMAZING, I guess A Levels rarely are.

english lit hasnt been going so great for me either, which is worrying because i thought i could get an A*... im on edexcel though. im just stressed although theres not much one can do now i suppose:s-smilie:
Original post by rawdoncrawley
english lit hasnt been going so great for me either, which is worrying because i thought i could get an A*... im on edexcel though. im just stressed although theres not much one can do now i suppose:s-smilie:

The grade boundaries for eng lit are insane as they are anyway but the fact that they've removed coursework has just made me worry a lot more. I hope they're easy on us this year!
The grade boundaries for eng lit are insane as they are anyway but the fact that they've removed coursework has just made me worry a lot more. I hope they're easy on us this year!

im so scared i'll miss out on an A* by a like 2 or 3 marks. im on edexcel and its like 71% for an A*. i hope theyll be nice keeping in mind that many people get A*s in english by virtue of their coursework

im so scared i'll miss out on an A* by a like 2 or 3 marks. im on edexcel and its like 71% for an A*. i hope theyll be nice keeping in mind that many people get A*s in english by virtue of their coursework
Omg I'm so sorry that I've taken so long to reply but I haven't been on TSR to avoid panicking during my exams. I'm on OCR for Eng Lit and P1 was awful for me! I found the Hamlet section far better than the Ibsen/Rossetti section when usually its the other way around. Out of all six questions for Ibsen/Rossetti, I settled on the one about raising issues but not giving solutions (something like that?). Paper 2 (I did dystopia) was okay. They gave us a weird extract but the essay section was alright. I've already preferred the P2 side of the course anyway, I usually get A*s in it compared to Bs in P1. It was an okay set of papers this year but they weren't AMAZING, I guess A Levels rarely are.

Ah no worries! i found p2 much easier than p1 but both were ok i guess compared to previous years hamlet question. i chose the ambition question for p1 section 2

I'm doing edexcel and i thought the questions have been really nice so far! I thought that maybe tomorrow's one will be more difficult because its the unseen which is so difficult to prepare for

OCR is so awful with their grade boundaries, it's like 27/28 out of 30 marks per essay for an A*. I always find myself just scraping an A or A*. Fingers crossed they'll be nice because eng lit is one of the A Levels with the tightest grade boundaries

babes dont worry! I do Ocr english too and i wanted to ask more about the hamlet question in depth what was the part b question?
Original post by alliksdodge
babes dont worry! I do Ocr english too and i wanted to ask more about the hamlet question in depth what was the part b question?

I think it was on "is it possible to remain loyal in the world of Hamlet?" Or something about loyalty in the state of Elsinore. It was fairly decent
I think it was on "is it possible to remain loyal in the world of Hamlet?" Or something about loyalty in the state of Elsinore. It was fairly decent

Did you do the 2019 paper or the 2020 paper?
one was the easy question ?
(edited 3 years ago)

Is it okay if I can message you privately ?
Original post by alliksdodge
Is it okay if I can message you privately ?

Of course xx
Of course xx

I’ve sent you a message
Reply 34
What were the OCR Questions for Hamlet and A Dolls House?
Reply 35
Also what was the dystopia question
I'm sitting English Lit and History A Level in October... it's so soon! English Lit isn't too content heavy which is why I've decided to do both now. Really nervous, feeling more anxious everyday.

hi what exam board for english?
Does anyone know what the question for the Gothic was? I am a private candidate and I currently don't have a teacher or exams until summer and I would like to do a question I haven't been set before.
Reply 38
Hello, I am currently doing my A levels and my exam is going to be on the 2020 English language paper. Would it be possible if someone who has done it to help me please, thank you!
Reply 39

can you remember what the extract was for Hamlet part a?

Latest