The Student Room Group

Official Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering Applicants Thread 2021

Are you applying to study Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Course:h:401 and H400
Universities you're applying to: University of Manchester University of LeicesterUniversity of SurreyQueen Mary University of LondonCoventry University
My predicted grades are AABB
Have anyone heard from them yet? I just send my application out last week.
(edited 3 years ago)
What course are you applying for: H402, H401, H405, H404, H410,
Applied to: Bristol, Leicester, Loughborough, Belfast, Hertfordshire
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: Further Maths self taught(B), Mathematics(A),Physics(B), Russian(A)
GCSE grades: Maths-8,Combined Science- 77, Russian- 9, Further Maths-B, Business-Dis*, We dont talk about the rest xD
Heard from: Bristol, Leicester and Hertfordshire
Bristol rejection -Didn't fit entry requirements- Not much you can do with grades that appeared out of "Thin air", I didnt anticipate to get such low predicted so obviously Bristol said no xD
Leicester - Conditional offer - they responded pretty quickly within 6 days
Hertfordshire - Conditional offer - also very fast responds, I think it was within 3-4 days.
Reply 3
Original post by Manooka
Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

I'm applying to
(Course) (Uni) [Typical Offer]
- H490 (MEng Aeronautics and Astronautics / Aerodynamics ) @ University of Southampton [A*AA]
- H405 (MEng Aeronautical Engineering w/ Placement) @ City, University of London [ABB]
- H402 (MEng Aeronautical Engineering Hons w/ Placement) @ Loughborough University [A*AA]
- H423 (MEng Aerospace Engineering Hons w/ Placement) @ University of Bath [A*AA]
- H401 (MEng Aeronautical Engineering) @ Imperial College London [A*A*A]

My predicted grades are A*A*A, in Mathematics, D&T and Physics respectively.

So far I've received offers from:

- City, University of London (ABB)
- University of Southampton (A*AA / A*AB [w/EPQ A grade])

I'm currently pending for interview invites from ICL & Loughborough (if successful)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
I just got my offer from queen Mary and Surrey as well! Both on the same day Surrey ABBQueen Mary AAB with a pass in practical
Reply 5
Original post by daniksafin
What course are you applying for: H402, H401, H405, H404, H410,
Applied to: Bristol, Leicester, Loughborough, Belfast, Hertfordshire
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: Further Maths self taught(B), Mathematics(A),Physics(B), Russian(A)
GCSE grades: Maths-8,Combined Science- 77, Russian- 9, Further Maths-B, Business-Dis*, We dont talk about the rest xD
Heard from: Bristol, Leicester and Hertfordshire
Bristol rejection -Didn't fit entry requirements- Not much you can do with grades that appeared out of "Thin air", I didnt anticipate to get such low predicted so obviously Bristol said no xD
Leicester - Conditional offer - they responded pretty quickly within 6 days
Hertfordshire - Conditional offer - also very fast responds, I think it was within 3-4 days.

When did you send your application out? So far I only got an acknowledgment email from Leicester said that they will send me my login in and nothing else.
Original post by HKer
When did you send your application out? So far I only got an acknowledgment email from Leicester said that they will send me my login in and nothing else.

Yes, I've already received 2 offers and 1 rejection. Strange Leicester offer a place very early for me, maybe I just got lucky. Don't worry, I am sure if you got offers from Surrey Leicester will be soon to offer you one too 👍.I've sent my application 3 weeks ago, got a reply with in 3 days from Hertfordshire and 5 days for Leicester
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by WolfgangPauli
When did your application get sent off?

Early November, 3rd I think
Reply 8
Hey,
I've applied to Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester and Swansea with AAA and an A in my EPQ.
Iveonlyheard back from Swansea who gave me an offer of ABB
Reply 9
Original post by HKer
Universities you're applying to: University of Manchester University of LeicesterUniversity of SurreyQueen Mary University of LondonCoventry University

Just got offer from Leicester BBBC 4 subjects!
Surrey ABB
Queen Mary AABB
Original post by syken003
Hey,
I've applied to Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester and Swansea with AAA and an A in my EPQ.

Just Had an Offer from Nottingham for MEng with AAA and alternative offer for the BEng with ABB!
Hey,

Congratulations on receiving your offer from us @syken003!

I work in the Admissions Office and I was a student in Swansea myself, so if you have any questions about the admissions process or life in Swansea then please feel free to ask!

Good luck with your other applications too :smile:
- Mia :smile:
Hi everyone, Sheffield University Engineering Grad here, congrats on your offers so far!

Thought I'd pop in here to mention our upcoming virtual taster session on Aerospace Engineering, titled 'Aerospace Engineering: from Kites to Satellites'. Sign-up link is here. It's being held next Monday 7th December, 4:30-6pm, and it's a FREE session that can give you a really good insight into what studying Aerospace Engineering at Sheffield, or at University-level in general, is like. It's also a great one to put on your personal statement and/or talk about in an interview to show your enthusiasm.

Let me know if you have anyn questions, or any questions about studying Engineering at Sheffield!

- Ellie :smile:
Reply 13
How long did it take for notts to reply
Reply 14
Just Had an Offer from Nottingham for MEng with AAA and alternative offer for the BEng with ABB!

Well done, how long did it take for them to reply
Original post by Rakes Y
Well done, how long did it take for them to reply

About 3 weeks after i sent it off
Original post by HKer

Hi, I'm in year 11 and am interested in aerospace. Just wondering what a levels you do?
I Applied to (All MEng)
Cambridge - rejected
Bristol - On Hold
Nottingham - A*AA
Manchester - AAA
Sheffield - AAA
Taking: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry.
Predicted: A*A*A*A*
Anyone else on hold from Bristol for Aerospace Engineering (MEng)?
Reply 18
I am currently doing Physics math and DT.

Original post by selugawi
Hi, I'm in year 11 and am interested in aerospace. Just wondering what a levels you do?
Reply 19
Original post by elliottj7
I Applied to (All MEng)
Cambridge - rejected
Bristol - On Hold
Nottingham - A*AA
Manchester - AAA
Sheffield - AAA
Taking: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry.
Predicted: A*A*A*A*
Anyone else on hold from Bristol for Aerospace Engineering (MEng)?

how long did it take for manchester to reply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending