The Student Room Group

Having your name on everyone's tongue

What does it mean when everyone feels the need to talk about you whether you're present or not? I really don't like it. My family do this a lot and whether it's praise or not, I'm not a fan of it. Anyone else face this?
Original post by Anonymous
What does it mean when everyone feels the need to talk about you whether you're present or not? I really don't like it. My family do this a lot and whether it's praise or not, I'm not a fan of it. Anyone else face this?

Yep, quite literally everyone my family does this. Even if I’m not in the equation, they like to add me in it 💀 icl though I hardly get praises lol but igy
Reply 2
Yep, quite literally everyone my family does this. Even if I’m not in the equation, they like to add me in it 💀 icl though I hardly get praises lol but igy

That's so nice to know someone is in my situation. Sometimes the topic of the conversation could have legit ZERO to do with me and somehow my name pops up and in mot cases I'm calm with it but when I'm not in a good much/having a bad... bruh
Reply 3
That's so nice to know someone is in my situation. Sometimes the topic of the conversation could have legit ZERO to do with me and somehow my name pops up and in mot cases I'm calm with it but when I'm not in a good much/having a bad... bruh

Most cases*
Good mood or having a bad day*

For me, when I’m in a bad mood and that happens it’s worse cause then theyd go “oh look they’re in a mood now” as though what they said wouldn’t make someone feel bleugh ygm?? Rant here if you ever need to orite
Reply 5
For me, when I’m in a bad mood and that happens it’s worse cause then theyd go “oh look they’re in a mood now” as though what they said wouldn’t make someone feel bleugh ygm?? Rant here if you ever need to orite

Dem ones where you try giving so many hints that you're not in the mood and yet they miss all of your hints smh man. It has a lot to do with our background
Reply 6
Well said
Original post by PTMalewski
It means they want to have you dead.

Ayo chill 😂
Lol, when I read the title I thought your friends tattooed your name on their tongue. :lol:
Reply 9
Ayo chill 😂

Fr
Original post by sunny.side.up
Lol, when I read the title I thought your friends tattooed your name on their tongue. :lol:

Oh my you think I have friends
Oh my you think I have friends

I'll be your friend. :smile:
I'll be your friend. :smile:

I’ll help you caaaarry onnnnnn
I’ll help you caaaarry onnnnnn

What? :confused:
What? :confused: