The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool A101 2021 entry

Welcome to the University of Liverpool A101 2021 Entry Discussion.

Liverpool A101 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022570

For general information click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb-graduate-entry/overview/

For entry requirements click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb-graduate-entry/entry-requirements/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Going to go ahead and start the conversation here.

This is my top choice for my GEM application this year; I did my undergrad here and it was incredible! I can't wait to go back :biggrin:

P.S I emailed admissions and requested the Gamsat cut off for 2020 entry and they told me it was minimum 50 in each section with 55 overall for A101
Reply 2
If only they didn’t require A levels 😭
@fxb96_ I would still apply. I called them, and they said they look at the application holistically. If you did well in your degree, and you have a compelling personal statement, they can still invite you for interview. They can't guarantee it, but there's a high chance they will.
Reply 4
Original post by fxb96_
If only they didn’t require A levels 😭

seriously though. I am expecting an outright no from Liverpool I must say.
does anyone know the previous GAMSAT cutoffs?
Reply 6
Hello Liverpool A101 applicants.

Here's a link, for when the time comes, for those of you who will receive an interview invite to log in your scores, if you wish, and also as much as you wish:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aidwhbR7uPJv_IC58ylLzh4RYEERSn2KRMRi1D_YHEQ/edit#gid=1198868428

Hopefully the previous years' data has been of some help to you all, and any data collated this year will continue to have that benefit for future years.

Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by rhianwendavies
does anyone know the previous GAMSAT cutoffs?

It has been 55-57 for the past few years. I am hoping it will stay the same this year!

I just called admissions. They plan on running the A101 interviews before Christmas. We should expect to hear if we have been called to interview either by the end of the week or early next week!

I had no idea they would give us such little notice... I need step up the pace of interview prep just in case I get an interview!
Original post by JSTLjack
It has been 55-57 for the past few years. I am hoping it will stay the same this year!

I just called admissions. They plan on running the A101 interviews before Christmas. We should expect to hear if we have been called to interview either by the end of the week or early next week!

I had no idea they would give us such little notice... I need step up the pace of interview prep just in case I get an interview!

:eek: It’s such a surprise! Last year it was later than this

Oh my gosh, I didn't realise they would be so soon - I haven't hard anything from any of my universities yet, just hoping that no news means good news! Considering I didn't do chemistry A level I'm so surprised I haven't had a straight rejection, thank you for replying! My GAMSAT was 57 so I just hope I have done enough :smile:
I just got offered an interview!!!! :biggrin: So excited - I booked mine for 16th December (61 GAMSAT)
(edited 3 years ago)
I just got offered an interview!!!! :biggrin: So excited - I booked mine for 16th December (61 GAMSAT)

Amazing! Congratulations!

I've just checked my emails and I have one too!! :biggrin:
Original post by asphodel77
Amazing! Congratulations!

I've just checked my emails and I have one too!! :biggrin:

Yaaaaassss!!! What day are you gonna book your interview for?
is anyone having trouble creating an account on the link they provided? they said an email will be sent to me but no email has been sent . thanks
Yeah in the same boat, got no email to register, may just be a processing delay
All in all I'm actually astounded they're squeezing everything before Christmas, this selection process is abysmal, you're honestly giving everyone a week in advance notice during the most conflicting, time-consuming period throughout the year in the middle of a pandemic? I'm disappointed as Liverpool is my number one choice and they were much more accommodating last year
Yes I have uni deadlines in next week and I’m working on the weekend I didn’t expect for Liverpool to give one week notice! Time to cram ...
For those waiting for the email to set your password - have you got it yet? If not try putting your email in again. It took me 2 gos.

Yaaaaassss!!! What day are you gonna book your interview for?

Wednesday at 11 😁
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
Anybody else hasn't heard anything at all yet?
Had my interview! Good luck everyone 😊
Just had my interview there, not sure I did as well as I hoped due to nerves 🙈 Really hoping I didn’t bottle it!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending