The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

What’s Kingston University like?

hi i’m put down kingston university to study pharmacy next year! what’s your opinion about kingston? any tips? i’m planning to get a budget en suite there as well.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hiii omg i’m looking to apply for pharmacy as well and i’m trying to find something about the uni too! is there anything you already know?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by tifaxox
hiii omg i’m looking to apply for pharmacy as well and i’m trying to find something about the uni too! is there anything you already know?

hiiii honestly i found nothing except bad reviews from 8 years ago lmao .. nothing recent though .. where else have you applied ?
Reply 3
Original post by carley12326
hiiii honestly i found nothing except bad reviews from 8 years ago lmao .. nothing recent though .. where else have you applied ?

Aw that actually sucks i personally don’t know anyone who went/ goes there since i live far away from Kingston, i’m not 100% sure on other ones but i’m looking at Birmingham/ Wolverhampton too. what ones are you thinking or have applied to ?:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by tifaxox
Aw that actually sucks i personally don’t know anyone who went/ goes there since i live far away from Kingston, i’m not 100% sure on other ones but i’m looking at Birmingham/ Wolverhampton too. what ones are you thinking or have applied to ?:smile:

i applied to wolverhampton!! its kinda far thoo but the requirements aren’t that bad .. i also applied to reading kingston and hertfordshire. i haven’t really heard back from the others except hertfordshire ://
No one outside of kingston should go kingston uni it's **** :rofl3:
Reply 6
LMAOOO i think i got the message thank you .. thinking to go to reading or hertfordshire.. any opinions ?
Reply 7
I was also thinking hertfordshire actually but not 100% sure reading is deffo on my list too, i’m sure you’ll hear back soon it’s still quite early! 🥺
i applied to wolverhampton!! its kinda far thoo but the requirements aren’t that bad .. i also applied to reading kingston and hertfordshire. i haven’t really heard back from the others except hertfordshire ://
Reply 8
Original post by tifaxox
I was also thinking hertfordshire actually but not 100% sure reading is deffo on my list too, i’m sure you’ll hear back soon it’s still quite early! 🥺

i just got a reply from reading i got an offer for the foundation year !! ☝️😏 and they said i can go for the four year MPharm Pharmacy as well but i need to go through an assessment .. is reading your first option ? i heard hertfordshire is good but idkkkkk
Reply 9
i just got a reply from reading i got an offer for the foundation year !! ☝️😏 and they said i can go for the four year MPharm Pharmacy as well but i need to go through an assessment .. is reading your first option ? i heard hertfordshire is good but idkkkkk

aww that’s so good, well done!! reading is not my first choice but i’m still thinking. I’m kinda just stuck rn on where to choose because idk which unis are good or not but i’ll deffo have my choices by Friday i think
Original post by tifaxox
aww that’s so good, well done!! reading is not my first choice but i’m still thinking. I’m kinda just stuck rn on where to choose because idk which unis are good or not but i’ll deffo have my choices by Friday i think

tyyy 💔 it’s hard cause of covid .. i haven’t been to any open days at all so i just picked ones that were closer to me :// you’ll be fine !! you’ll find a good uniii
Reply 11
tyyy 💔 it’s hard cause of covid .. i haven’t been to any open days at all so i just picked ones that were closer to me :// you’ll be fine !! you’ll find a good uniii

Thank u!! yeah hopefully, what’s your first choice?
Original post by tifaxox
Thank u!! yeah hopefully, what’s your first choice?

not sure .. hertfordshire or reading tbh ,, not kingston anymore i haven’t really heard back from them as well :// wbu ?
Reply 13
not sure .. hertfordshire or reading tbh ,, not kingston anymore i haven’t really heard back from them as well :// wbu ?

yeah i think aston or kingston tbh but really i don’t have a preference any is okay for me haha
Original post by tifaxox
yeah i think aston or kingston tbh but really i don’t have a preference any is okay for me haha

ive got an interview with hertfordshire next tuesday hopefully it goes well as it’s apparently good for pharmacy !! wish me luck!
aston is really good for pharmacy as well !! my friend is applying there,, wish i could but my grades aren’t that good
My friend did pharmacy there and got treated like garbage. Kingston act way too prestige and they ain’t even close
Original post by Moonlight rain
My friend did pharmacy there and got treated like garbage. Kingston act way too prestige and they ain’t even close

thanks for telling me lmaooo !!
hi i’m put down kingston university to study pharmacy next year! what’s your opinion about kingston? any tips? i’m planning to get a budget en suite there as well.

Hey Carley!

I'm currently in the 2nd year of Pharmacy at Kingston, my personal opinion is that Kingston is quite a diverse university and the Pharmacy course is very hands on and it does get tough but as long as you're organised with all your lectures then you should be fine!
They also look at the previous years performance and feedback from the pupils and they tweak the course / respond to any concerns that anyone expresses in the module reviews. The lecturers are on hand to answer any questions that you have via email or you can see them in person/via virtual interview so if you ever need help they are there for you.

Kingston in general is a nice area, there's the thames riverside which is a nice place to go and relax at when you are done with work and almost everything in the area pretty much walking-distance.

What accommodation are you looking at? I stayed at 75 Penrhyn Road and I highly recommend it if you're looking for something modern.

Amit - Official Kingston Uni rep - Pharmacy Student

There's better uni's in London that offer pharmacy imo and in terms of social life Kingston isn't the best.
Reply 19
ive got an interview with hertfordshire next tuesday hopefully it goes well as it’s apparently good for pharmacy !! wish me luck!
aston is really good for pharmacy as well !! my friend is applying there,, wish i could but my grades aren’t that good

Aww good luck on your interview, is it virtual?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending