The Student Room Group

I hate my hips

My waist is small and curvy, but then my hips are square and straight and it looks so horrible. I wish I could have more of an hourglass figure.

What can I do to make my hips curvier? And is it a turn off to guys?
We look at personality more so no it isnt.
Are you happy with your health, weight and muscle appearance?
You can do some workouts to help tone the muscles in and around your hips & core.
But there is nothing you can do to alter your bone structure.

Many guys will be looks attracted, while plenty of others will be more personality orientated.
Some looks attracted guys may have a preference for a specific physical type that involves the hourglass look, while others guys will not.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Are you happy with your health, weight and muscle appearance?
You can do some workouts to help tone the muscles in and around your hips & core.
But there is nothing you can do to alter your bone structure.

Many guys will be looks attracted, while plenty of others will be more personality orientated.
Some looks attracted guys may have a preference for a specific physical type that involves the hourglass look, while others guys will not.

Yeah I’m fine with my weight and I’m healthy, it’s just my hips look so unflattering in clothes and without clothes, it’s really hard to accept them. I have tried exercises to target them but I haven’t seen results yet.

Yeah I hope I can find someone who doesn’t mind my hips but even I can’t look at them without thinking ew, so I don’t know how I can expect a guy to like them.

Original post by bored_user:)
We look at personality more so no it isnt.

Thanks, that means a lot
Original post by Anonymous
My waist is small and curvy, but then my hips are square and straight and it looks so horrible. I wish I could have more of an hourglass figure.

The hourglass figure is a way to make young girls obsessed with their bodies. It causes so many girls to feel inferior to their peers and is quite frankly not worth it. And all of this effort for what? To get approval from some next guy who might not even be serious!!! If he wants u for ur personality, he’ll keep u for life. And surely long term relationships are of better quality and should be valued. Unfortunately, that’s not how most guys see it cuz they just want to ‘beat and delete’ 🤦🏻*♂️

I think the reason you can’t accept ur hips is because of media depictions of what a girl ‘should look like’. I’d say screw all of that, take care of yourself make sure you’re healthy. If it’s a lot of fat then defo do workouts. And you mentioned you’ve tried but it’s gotta b consistent and targeted with the right diet. Patience is key.

I’m a guy btw, and when I hear of girls feeling uncomfortable/depressed because they don’t fit the sexualised idea of what a woman should look like - it really annoys me. At the end of the day, it’s your choice - succumb to this idea of body image or take care of urself and prioritise ur own sanity.

Dk if that was helpful. Hope it was.
The hourglass figure is a way to make young girls obsessed with their bodies. It causes so many girls to feel inferior to their peers and is quite frankly not worth it. And all of this effort for what? To get approval from some next guy who might not even be serious!!! If he wants u for ur personality, he’ll keep u for life. And surely long term relationships are of better quality and should be valued. Unfortunately, that’s not how most guys see it cuz they just want to ‘beat and delete’ 🤦🏻*♂️

I think the reason you can’t accept ur hips is because of media depictions of what a girl ‘should look like’. I’d say screw all of that, take care of yourself make sure you’re healthy. If it’s a lot of fat then defo do workouts. And you mentioned you’ve tried but it’s gotta b consistent and targeted with the right diet. Patience is key.

I’m a guy btw, and when I hear of girls feeling uncomfortable/depressed because they don’t fit the sexualised idea of what a woman should look like - it really annoys me. At the end of the day, it’s your choice - succumb to this idea of body image or take care of urself and prioritise ur own sanity.

AMEN.

It doesn't matter if something in looks is a turnoff, because no looks can compensate for bad character. As long as what you're looking for is a serious long term relationship.
Does everyone have body dysmorphia on TSR... You act like people even notice a lot more than they probably do, and there are a lot of boys who prefer personality over looks.
(edited 3 years ago)
Supine side leg raises!!! 3sets of 10 on each side. Really helps hips develop. Obviously nothing can change anatomy but helps certainly!

They've always been obsessed, whatever the current trend was. In the 80ies they had to be fit, in 90ies they had to be slim and have big breasts. Now big bums and hourglass figure are back.

It's just fashion. A thing followed by people who don't have brains.
Supine side leg raises!!! 3sets of 10 on each side. Really helps hips develop. Obviously nothing can change anatomy but helps certainly!

Lmao 80s aerobics does not help a grown developed body recreate shape at all. That's a futile way to lose weight anyway, but bone structure would need intense invasive surgery.

Thank you, this definitely helped a lot. It’s true that the main reason I want an hourglass figure is bc that’s what men like and I’ve realised that isn’t right. I would accept a man the way he is, so a guy who’s worth it will accept me the way I am. My body is already healthy and I am active so that’s all I need. I appreciate this a lot
Thank you, this definitely helped a lot. It’s true that the main reason I want an hourglass figure is bc that’s what men like and I’ve realised that isn’t right. I would accept a man the way he is, so a guy who’s worth it will accept me the way I am. My body is already healthy and I am active so that’s all I need. I appreciate this a lot

Nws, as a Muslim I'm highly critical of the sexualisation of women in the media/social media because my religion teaches against reducing the value of a woman to just being a sexual object. In fact, we're at such a point where most guys only see women in that capacity - so I totally understand why you started this thread.

A good book to read on this (if you're into it) plz plz read 'Beauty Sick' by Renee Engeln.

Here's the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beauty-Sick-Cultural-Obsession-Appearance/dp/0062469770
Nws, as a Muslim I'm highly critical of the sexualisation of women in the media/social media because my religion teaches against reducing the value of a woman to just being a sexual object. In fact, we're at such a point where most guys only see women in that capacity - so I totally understand why you started this thread.

A good book to read on this (if you're into it) plz plz read 'Beauty Sick' by Renee Engeln.

Here's the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beauty-Sick-Cultural-Obsession-Appearance/dp/0062469770

They're doing it on their own mate.
There is no such thing as an average woman. There are women worth admiration and there are worthless sluts. Same as are decent men and *******s, or geniuses and idiots.
Original post by PTMalewski
They're doing it on their own mate.
There is no such thing as an average woman. There are women worth admiration and there are worthless sluts. Same as are decent men and *******s, or geniuses and idiots.

But I think those sluts come about because they are trying to fulfil the image of what a ‘sexy woman’ should look like. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It seems to me, the less you wear - the ‘hotter’ a girl is. It shouldn’t b having a big ass, breasts etc. Is what makes a girl more attractive. Then again when certain guys want to write off a girl they’ll call her a slut for showing too much. There’s no winning for a girl with this game.
Original post by Ali_shah2019
But I think those sluts come about because they are trying to fulfil the image of what a ‘sexy woman’ should look like. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It seems to me, the less you wear - the ‘hotter’ a girl is. It shouldn’t b having a big ass, breasts etc. Is what makes a girl more attractive. Then again when certain guys want to write off a girl they’ll call her a slut for showing too much. There’s no winning for a girl with this game.

Well, I generally agree with you. Also, if I was to propose to some girl, her character would be the most important thing. And then, even if that's not their concern, showing almost everything to everyone is not attractive. Where is the place for exploration? Why would I want to make the girl naked, if I can see 90% of her body on the street, and another 10% I can see through their clothes? I'm not for Burkas or Niqabs, Im against them. I'd like to see women in nice dresses like a hundred years ago. They looked really nice in them, but left most of their body yet to explore or imagine.

I could also add, what many girls don't seem to understand. Hot, beatiful, cute, and heartouching are four different qualities that should not be confused.
The fact that a man wants to sleep with some girl, or have a photo of her on a wall, doesn't mean he'd like to share life with that person. Especially if they are to be equal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending