The Student Room Group

Student finance has not arrived yet and uni complaning help 🙏

I applied through clearing last minute (Covid ruined my plans to retake as I'm an individual applicant) and applied for student finance just before uni started in September 22nd.
I did have to send my passport over to student finance as evidence and received it a couple weeks later. Just over a week ago, I an got email saying they needed further evidence of residency for the past 5 years 2015-2020, I'm waiting for the bank statements I ordered as they are regarded as valid to come in the post with a letter confirming that the statements are official etc from the bank.

However I'm very worried now as I've been at uni for a couple months and recieved a notification today, from my uni about me having not paid my tuition fees. Can I still go into uni? , how long do I have left before it starts becoming a VERY big issue and I won't be allowed to go?
How long till student finance get back to me AND. my tuition and maintenance get paid?.
I persume I will have sent everything in few days when the evidence arrives.
Any help would really be appreciated.😊
Thanks for reading this far
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by amber2106
I applied through clearing last minute (Covid ruined my plans to retake as I'm an individual applicant) and applied for student finance just before uni started in September 22nd.
I did have to send my passport over to student finance as evidence and received it a couple weeks later. Just over a week ago, I an got email saying they needed further evidence of residency for the past 5 years 2015-2020, I'm waiting for the bank statements I ordered as they are regarded as valid to come in the post with a letter confirming that the statements are official etc from the bank.

However I'm very worried now as I've been at uni for a couple months and recieved a notification today, from my uni about me having not paid my tuition fees. Can I still go into uni? , how long do I have left before it starts becoming a VERY big issue and I won't be allowed to go?
How long till student finance get back to me AND. my tuition and maintenance get paid?.
I persume I will have sent everything in few days when the evidence arrives.
Any help would really be appreciated.😊
Thanks for reading this far

Hi, do you have EU Settled status as we can accept the EU settled status letter and home office share code instead of 5 years of evidence?

It can take up to 5 weeks to process residency evidence then up to 6 weeks to be assessed afterwards so I would not expect you to be fully approved until next year based on our current timescales.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, do you have EU Settled status as we can accept the EU settled status letter and home office share code instead of 5 years of evidence?

It can take up to 5 weeks to process residency evidence then up to 6 weeks to be assessed afterwards so I would not expect you to be fully approved until next year based on our current timescales.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for your response,
Do you know if I will be paid my first instalment alongside the second instalment in January.
Many Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Isaac

Thanks, Isaac

I. Moved to the UK when I was 1 years old but did send evidence that shows I have been residing in the UK for 5+ years plus a home office letter
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by amber2106
Thank you for your response,
Do you know if I will be paid my first instalment alongside the second instalment in January.
Many Thanks

Yes you won't miss out on the first payment. You should receive it around 5 working days after being approved.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest