The Student Room Group

Leicester vs Northumbria for Psychology

Hi, I’m considering applying to either Leicester or Northumbria for psychology but the rankings are kinda confusing me.

TCUG :
Northumbria 41st for psychology
Leicester 45th for psychology

The guardian:
Leicester 29th
Northumbria 59th!!!!

The times:
Leicester 301 - 400
Northumbria 401- 500

The rankings are kinda mixed, I feel like I’d prefer Northumbria (Definitely need to do more research though). I intend to move up to a better uni to do my masters anyway. I don’t know if it’s worth going to a uni I wouldn’t be as happy at just to be a few places higher on an ever changing league table.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Original post by AdamSandlers
Hi, I’m considering applying to either Leicester or Northumbria for psychology but the rankings are kinda confusing me.

TCUG :
Northumbria 41st for psychology
Leicester 45th for psychology

The guardian:
Leicester 29th
Northumbria 59th!!!!

The times:
Leicester 301 - 400
Northumbria 401- 500

The rankings are kinda mixed, I feel like I’d prefer Northumbria (Definitely need to do more research though). I intend to move up to a better uni to do my masters anyway. I don’t know if it’s worth going to a uni I wouldn’t be as happy at just to be a few places higher on an ever changing league table.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:

from an employer's perspective, they don't know specifically how good a uni is for each individual subject but rather how good the uni is generally. I'd personally just apply to the uni that you prefer because the exact ranking (long term) doesn't make much difference in an employment sense.

Quick Reply

Latest