The Student Room Group

Controlling girlfriend

Shes made her own lockdown for us even though we have just left it. In the full lockdown she reported me, her own bf she reported me to 101 because I broke the rules and maybe I shouldn't have done it because im her boyfriend. We live in my parents house have not got covid my parents have both been tested negative and the rest of us are young so we didn't waste the tests because older people might need them.

My gf is controlling in other ways as well, she got angry with me because I bought a new phone with my own money, she made me sell my car which I did threads about like 6 months ago and she stops me spending my money on investments that I want to do and other stuff. I split up with her and then I didnt like without her I felt alone and I love her but shes controlling.

She does help my famliy out, like she cooks for me and them she does other jobs. Im not going to dump her now 100% and I just want to know how I can deal with her.
you should dump her and find somebody beter
Reply 2
Original post by Jamie Adrian
you should dump her and find somebody beter

I have said I cant dump her, people were saying dump her in my last post but I love her
You can either dump her or be completely miserable - those are the choices.
Reply 4
Original post by YaliaV123
You can either dump her or be completely miserable - those are the choices.

I'm not completely miserable with her because I think some stuff like her putting me in lockdown is kind of good because it is saving lives that is why she's doing that. I am more likely to be miserable if I dump her
oh, the simp is back
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
oh, the simp is back

????
set boundaries if u don’t wanna leave her. if she doesn’t like it, walk away
Reply 8
You will be better off in the long run.

Do you think people want to have limbs amputated? No but it has to happen to get rid of the problem.
Reply 9
Original post by brokestudent3
set boundaries if u don’t wanna leave her. if she doesn’t like it, walk away

Yes
Original post by Bio 7
You will be better off in the long run.

Do you think people want to have limbs amputated? No but it has to happen to get rid of the problem.

I don't know
Shes made her own lockdown for us even though we have just left it. In the full lockdown she reported me, her own bf she reported me to 101 because I broke the rules and maybe I shouldn't have done it because im her boyfriend. We live in my parents house have not got covid my parents have both been tested negative and the rest of us are young so we didn't waste the tests because older people might need them.

My gf is controlling in other ways as well, she got angry with me because I bought a new phone with my own money, she made me sell my car which I did threads about like 6 months ago and she stops me spending my money on investments that I want to do and other stuff. I split up with her and then I didnt like without her I felt alone and I love her but shes controlling.

She does help my famliy out, like she cooks for me and them she does other jobs. Im not going to dump her now 100% and I just want to know how I can deal with her.

Tell her face to face what you think of her and tell her to improve or you will need a period of seperation so she understands how it's like without you and vice versa. It was the same with my ex who was controlling but i told her what i felt about how she treats me and she was a crazy b*tch and am glad i left her as my current gf is x100 better. Move on with your relationship if you don't feel satisfied. Good luck tho
Tell her face to face what you think of her and tell her to improve or you will need a period of seperation so she understands how it's like without you and vice versa. It was the same with my ex who was controlling but i told her what i felt about how she treats me and she was a crazy b*tch and am glad i left her as my current gf is x100 better. Move on with your relationship if you don't feel satisfied. Good luck tho

Cheers
I have said I cant dump her, people were saying dump her in my last post but I love her

just because you love her doesn't mean keep her. some love ducks.
Original post by yankeedog1953
just because you love her doesn't mean keep her. some love ducks.

It means its hard
I’ve seen this thread about 8 times already and the answers remains the same: dump her.

She’s obviously not worth it considering what you describe, manipulating and controlling is never acceptable traits to put up with.
My partner's daughter was in a relationship with a girl earlier this year, and she sounds a lot like your girlfriend. Very controlling, manipulative and abusive, my partner's daughter couldn't even see her own best friend without arranging it through her girlfriend and slowly cut her off from all her other mates. She didn't want to finish with her because she was scared of the fallout but she finally had enough one day and dumped her, and she reckons it's the best decision she's ever made. She's also one of those people who has low self esteem so doesn't like being single but even she's said she'd rather be alone than date someone like that again.

You need to weigh up the pros and cons of being with her, which may help you see things more objectively. The things you say she does for your family - helping them out, cooking, odd jobs - aren't anything special and are basically the bare minimum she should be doing whilst living in your parents house. But then there's no positive attributes that can balance out someone being so manipulative and controlling imo - you may love her but she certainly doesn't love you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending