The Student Room Group

idk radiography?

(edited 2 years ago)
After a very quick look I saw that Birmingham city uni has a foundation year in health sciences and after that you can progress onto a scientific degree (including diagnostic radiography), there are probably lots of other unis like this so you should probably be able to find some, work experience would be good but obviously at the moment that’s impossible so I wouldn’t worry about it. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Because nursing is so vastly different to radiography, I wouldn’t recommend studying nursing unless your goal is to become a nurse at the end of it. Nursing degrees are professional courses leading to Nursing & Midwifery Council registration & thus don’t tend to lend themselves very well to other career options. :smile:
You could look at doing a foundation course, that doenst require science- keele might do one, lots of unis offer them, you'll need to check the entry requirements. Or look at an access to HE course that would meet the requirements.

As for work experience, hard atm to get work experience in a Radiography department due to covid but worth trying to get and if you cant look for other opportunities
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by shaniqaalololol
oh okay thanks, i have work experience in nursing - would this be enough for radiography course?

That’s something to discuss with the uni’s :smile: admissions tend to be on an individual basis
Nursing and radiography are two different degrees.

Quick Reply

Latest