The Student Room Group

Extremely bitter and hostile?

Why would a guy be extremely bitter, sulky and hostile towards the girl he liked if she failed to reciprocate his advances in the way he wanted?

A year later he forgot about his grudge and became soft towards her , even trying to greet her when he sees her.

Why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sylvia_Guzman23
Why would a guy be extremely bitter, sulky and hostile towards the girl he liked if she failed to reciprocate his advances in the way he wanted?

A year later he forgot about his grudge and became soft towards her , even trying to greet her when he sees her.

Why?

You really dont understand that side of human nature?
1. Rejection.
2. Realises over the top and fancies another go or lets him pretend his extreme reaction didnt happen.
Original post by 999tigger
You really dont understand that side of human nature?
1. Rejection.
2. Realises over the top and fancies another go or lets him pretend his extreme reaction didnt happen.

But she never rejected him. She told him she was willing to talk it out. He became an escapist and ran away from his issues instead of chatting.

What does realises over the top mean? He was dating someone else that time when he tried to greet her so why do this when dating other girls?
Some people are bad losers and don't like rejection.
Original post by barnetlad
Some people are bad losers and don't like rejection.

But she never rejected him. She told him she was willing to talk it out. He became an escapist and ran away from his issues instead of chatting.

What does realises over the top mean? He was dating someone else that time when he tried to greet her so why do this when dating other girls?

Add
“Failed to reciprocate his advances in the way he wanted” otherwise known as :rejection
Original post by GabiAbi84
“Failed to reciprocate his advances in the way he wanted” otherwise known as :rejection

More info in this reply
More info in this reply

Yes, I read that, that is why I pointed out that it is in fact rejection.

Willing to talk it out means she didn’t respond in the way he wanted : rejection.
She might not think of it as rejection, but he clearly did.
(edited 3 years ago)

So you arent the person involved? Why do you care?
1. Its still rejection as I said in my first post. I could go in depth, but seems a bit pointless as it boils down to the same thing. The fact you cant see it, is a bit mystifying. Obviously the guy is a bit immature as well, so its a highly predictable response.
2. People have selective memories. I think you are adding 2 and 2 together, then overcomplicating to reach7. His reactions are clear and basic.
So you arent the person involved? Why do you care?
1. Its still rejection as I said in my first post. I could go in depth, but seems a bit pointless as it boils down to the same thing. The fact you cant see it, is a bit mystifying. Obviously the guy is a bit immature as well, so its a highly predictable response.
2. People have selective memories. I think you are adding 2 and 2 together, then overcomplicating to reach7. His reactions are clear and basic.

I'm the person involved. But why react when he was with someone else then? He thought she didn't deserve him and he could do better. Then what happened?
Yes, I read that, that is why I pointed out that it is in fact rejection.

Willing to talk it out means she didn’t respond in the way she wanted : rejection.
She might not think of it as rejection, but he clearly did.

But she told him that she felt he didn't want to talk to her. He wouldn't speak to her. Just nod or hello then walk on.
But she told him that she felt he didn't want to talk to her. He wouldn't speak to her. Just nod or hello then walk on.

You have given little to no info on what has happened-you seem to keep changing the story/adding facts in from each post. If you want an accurate response as to what happened might I suggest telling the full story so that some conclusions could be drawn...?
(edited 3 years ago)
You have given little to no info on what has happened-you seem to keep changing the story/adding facts in from each post. If you want an accurate response as to what happened might I suggest telling the full story so that some conclusions could be drawn...?

It's a very long story but main question is why try to greet her after 1 year when he was with someone else then? He thought she didn't deserve him and he could do better. Then what happened?
It's a very long story but main question is why try to greet her after 1 year when he was with someone else then? He thought she didn't deserve him and he could do better. Then what happened?

Probably said hello because he does have someone else and no longer is “bitter” about whatever happened. A year is a long time, sounds like he’s let his anger go.

Why?

I really don’t think you should figure out why. Honestly, if he was ******** to you, then so be it. Let him alone and don’t mess up with people like him. He isn’t worth it!
Reply 15

Isnt this rather the definition of rejecting him?
Either way whats to talk out? Fancying someone really isnt an area prone to a bit of rationale debate to iron out the kinks, as it were.

Why?
I'm the person involved. But why react when he was with someone else then? He thought she didn't deserve him and he could do better. Then what happened?

Why are you speaking about yourself in the third person? You arent taking a very simple explanation on board and trying to overcomplicate it.
How old are the two people concerned, this is Y11-13 stuff?

He didnt get his own way felt rejected and didnt like it. What is hard to understand about that?
Probably said hello because he does have someone else and no longer is “bitter” about whatever happened. A year is a long time, sounds like he’s let his anger go.

No he couldn't say hello because the girl looked away and he turned to see whom she began talking to.

When he has someone else and parted ways with her like strangers then how does he expect to even say hello again?!
Why are you speaking about yourself in the third person? You arent taking a very simple explanation on board and trying to overcomplicate it.
How old are the two people concerned, this is Y11-13 stuff?

He didnt get his own way felt rejected and didnt like it. What is hard to understand about that?

I'm asking about when he has someone else and parted ways with her like strangers then how does he expect to even say hello again?!

Original post by Napp
Isnt this rather the definition of rejecting him?
Either way whats to talk out? Fancying someone really isnt an area prone to a bit of rationale debate to iron out the kinks, as it were.

Here's what he was doing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending