The Student Room Group

Dont like my colleague

Hi guys,

i am a IT technician and a guy started two months after me thinks he knows it all and it is his first IT job so he never worked in IT before. But i did he has a cocky attitude he tries so hard to become a supervisor or manager. He went on my linkedin and copied my summary and changed up couple words. He acts like he is the best technician and he knows everything. I just do not like this guy i do not like his energy. What can i do? Any advices?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

i am a IT technician and a guy started two months after me thinks he knows it all and it is his first IT job so he never worked in IT before. But i did he has a cocky attitude he tries so hard to become a supervisor or manager. He went on my linkedin and copied my summary and changed up couple words. He acts like he is the best technician and he knows everything. I just do not like this guy i do not like his energy. What can i do? Any advices?

The best way probably is to actually go out somewhere after work and tell him in a friendly way what uour concerns are! Some people are oblivious of how unacceptable their behaviour is. And you never know- you may end up as friends;stranger things have happened. If you do nothing he will, in any event, assume that you find his behaviour acceptable!
That’s life, there are going to be people you don’t like and get along with. It’s all a part of life.
Reply 3
Original post by Moonlight rain
That’s life, there are going to be people you don’t like and get along with. It’s all a part of life.

Yes, but each person has their own tolerance level. If he feels disrespected or ill treated he can make a complaint.
Original post by mgi
Yes, but each person has their own tolerance level. If he feels disrespected or ill treated he can make a complaint.

But he isn’t being treated poorly. He just thinks that person is arrogant and annoying.
Reply 5
But he isn’t being treated poorly. He just thinks that person is arrogant and annoying.

But he also said that the guy nicked and copied stuff from his LinkedIn site?!
Original post by mgi
But he also said that the guy nicked and copied stuff from his LinkedIn site?!

Yeah but how does he know for 100% since there was some differences on the guys one
Reply 7
Yeah but how does he know for 100% since there was some differences on the guys one

Yes, i hear you. I always think that if this is a possible misunderstanding or if he feels demeaned then he really should have a polite chat with the person. - otherwise how would the other person know that he is feeling so bad?
Original post by mgi
Yes, i hear you. I always think that if this is a possible misunderstanding or if he feels demeaned then he really should have a polite chat with the person. - otherwise how would the other person know that he is feeling so bad?

I agree. Although, don’t think the other person will admit it if he did it. But it’s worth the try, I guess.
Reply 9
I agree. Although, don’t think the other person will admit it if he did it. But it’s worth the try, I guess.

Yes, probably, but it does not actually matter. What is important is that the guy speaks up , whether the respondent agrees with him or not. At least the respondent will now know that he is pis..ing someone off!
I wouldn't worry I hate my colleagues too lol
Spend as little time around him as possible.
I did confront him about the linkedin stuff and he removed it and made one from scratch. He is a weird guy lol. Im over it already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending