The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering 2021 applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

is anyone here thinking of firming UCL
Reply 61
Chemical Engineering MEng (+industrial year when available, +environmental engineering for Nottingham, via Natsci for Cam)
Universities: Bath, Christ's @ Cambridge, Nottingham, Strathclyde, Surrey
Predicted grades: A*s in physics, chemistry, maths
Achieved grades: AS A in F. maths
Supercurricular: Winner of a competition on analysis of pollution (alongside a helpful team), a MOOC in water treatment
Extracurricular: Student Ambassador

Seems like everyone's doing good so far! All the best with your applications
Do you guys think i should email Manchester university and ask about my application? I applied on the 5th of October and have not even received an acknowledgment email whereas i have received offers from 4 of my other choices. Thanks
Reply 63
Original post by YK33
Do you guys think i should email Manchester university and ask about my application? I applied on the 5th of October and have not even received an acknowledgment email whereas i have received offers from 4 of my other choices. Thanks

I think its best to leave them to it - they'll tell you when they've processed your application.
has anyone got offers from imperial yet for this subject?
Original post by cocobean123
has anyone got offers from imperial yet for this subject?

I don't think so yet
Has anyone got any updates from UCL?
Original post by anahita28

nope not yet, i’ll keep you updated :\
i just got an offer from University of Birmingham !
Original post by bexxx2003

and it was a reduced offer, was A*AA but they offered me AAB

congrats!! x
Guys why did you choose chemical engineering ??
Original post by anahita28

Yeah I got an offer 2 days ago, AAA
Original post by random102
Yeah I got an offer 2 days ago, AAA

What were your predicted grades and did you do a language at gcse ??
What were your predicted grades and did you do a language at gcse ??

Yeah I did German at GCSE and got an 8. My predicted grades are A*AA in Maths, Physics and Chemistry
Yeah I did German at GCSE and got an 8. My predicted grades are A*AA in Maths, Physics and Chemistry

Damn i feel really anxious because i’m predicted AAA but i got a 4 in french gcse but mainly 9’s 8’s and a few 7’s in the rest :frown:
Damn i feel really anxious because i’m predicted AAA but i got a 4 in french gcse but mainly 9’s 8’s and a few 7’s in the rest :frown:

I know on the online open day the admissions tutor said that a grade 5 or above in a foreign language was needed, however it did say after that UCL offers the opportunity to meet the foreign language requirement after enrolment so I think you'll be fine :smile:
I know on the online open day the admissions tutor said that a grade 5 or above in a foreign language was needed, however it did say after that UCL offers the opportunity to meet the foreign language requirement after enrolment so I think you'll be fine :smile:

yeah i had to call them up to ask if my 4 will affect my chances of being picked and they said it didn’t. I really hope i get in because i wanted to firm UCL otherwise i’ll have to take a gap year and reapply for other unis for 2022
yeah i had to call them up to ask if my 4 will affect my chances of being picked and they said it didn’t. I really hope i get in because i wanted to firm UCL otherwise i’ll have to take a gap year and reapply for other unis for 2022

I didn't even do a language at all- you r completely fine. Good luck!
Original post by avacados1
I didn't even do a language at all- you r completely fine. Good luck!

Thank you, a good good luck too !

Quick Reply

Latest