The Student Room Group

What is the Target Oxbridge Interview like?

Hi!

So I applied for the Target Oxbridge programme and I've gotten an interview and I was wondering whether there's a format to the interview?

I know there's an article but do we have a specific amount of time to answer each question or does it just depend on your answers?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
I’ve also applied for Target Oxbridge. I’m hoping I’ll be interviewed eventually, and that it all goes well. Good luck to you.

Also say whether the interview is hard please! :0
Reply 2
Good luck with the interview. I've also applied for the programme. Fingers crossed I get an interview. Please could you tell me how it went when you have had the interview? Thanks so much.
Original post by _Mia101
Hi!

So I applied for the Target Oxbridge programme and I've gotten an interview and I was wondering whether there's a format to the interview?

I know there's an article but do we have a specific amount of time to answer each question or does it just depend on your answers?

Thanks
Incidentally, I was invited to an interview today! Hoping everyone’s goes well! 🙏🏿🤞🏿

Original post by _Mia101
Hi!

Thanks

Original post by Ayi1206
Good luck with the interview. I've also applied for the programme. Fingers crossed I get an interview. Please could you tell me how it went when you have had the interview? Thanks so much.
Original post by ItsTomii
Incidentally, I was invited to an interview today! Hoping everyone’s goes well! 🙏🏿🤞🏿

Ooh well done!! How'd it go?

Also, what subject did you apply for?
Original post by _Mia101
Ooh well done!! How'd it go?

Also, what subject did you apply for?

I haven’t had it yet. I’m aiming for around the beginning of December.

I applied for medicine. :afraid: I can only hope I somehow do well in the interview. :adore:
Reply 6
I'm so nervous because I'm doing Computer Science and the email said they'd give me a problem solving exercise ;-;
Reply 7
I had my interview a couple of days ago, and I don’t think it went well. She corrected my answers twice. Do you think I’d be unlikely to be chosen if I said I have a cousin who goes to Oxford?
Original post by PRSOM
I had my interview a couple of days ago, and I don’t think it went well. She corrected my answers twice. Do you think I’d be unlikely to be chosen if I said I have a cousin who goes to Oxford?

aww, well I’ve heard lots of people say the interview went bad and they still got in, so maybe you’ll be one of them.

I’m not sure tbh, I think they prefer people who don’t have a university background but I couldn’t say for sure if that’d have an impact.
I did my law interview around late October and they told me they would be interviewing people till feb which is when decisions will come out . So try not to anxious like me over the long wait !
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Person123321
I’m really worried because I haven’t heard anything back, I had a feeling I wouldn’t get in because I go to private school and I applied a week before the deadline. Should I just assume I didn’t make it to the interview stage? :frown:

I submitted on 7th December so a few weeks after the deadline and my High School was private but my Sixth Form is now state grammar, so I'm still waiting for a response back from them about an interview too. Also, glad to hear that Unknownx12 heard from them that interviews are still ongoing, don't stress about it =)Submit reply

Quick Reply