The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering 2021 applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bexxx2003
Damn i feel really anxious because i’m predicted AAA but i got a 4 in french gcse but mainly 9’s 8’s and a few 7’s in the rest :frown:

im pretty much in the same position in terms of gcses because i got a 4 in Spanish but i wouldn't worry because they literally say you can take a module when you are there so don't worry!
Original post by yoyowhatsup
im pretty much in the same position in terms of gcses because i got a 4 in Spanish but i wouldn't worry because they literally say you can take a module when you are there so don't worry!

Ahaa thank you for the reassurance! I was just worried bc I really wanted to firm ucl and hearing people already get offers for the course had me a little anxious
Ahaa thank you for the reassurance! I was just worried bc I really wanted to firm ucl and hearing people already get offers for the course had me a little anxious

well don't worry too much, i think the way UCL give their offers out is by ranking people in order of strength of application and then sending offers out in waves for example i think their first wave was like Monday to today maybe? something like that. They take a while because it's UCL so no need to worry, I also applied to there with a* a* a a predictions and above average GCSE's and i haven't heard anything back either.
i just got an offer from University of Birmingham !

Congratulations!!!! Did you apply for MEng because I applied for BEng so I was wondering when they'll respond and also because of the flexible admissions policy I'm really intrigued to see when !
Original post by student4future
Congratulations!!!! Did you apply for MEng because I applied for BEng so I was wondering when they'll respond and also because of the flexible admissions policy I'm really intrigued to see when !

Awhh thank you ! I applied for Beng bc i wanted to have ther opportunity to decide whether i wanted to do a masters at the uni or not when i’m older. I applied 12Th November but got my offer at the start of the month with the reduced grade offer of AAB. I think the delay was due them reducing offers but regardless of this i think they only offer offers at the start of each month because when i had applied people had said that they got their offers at the start of November xx
Awhh thank you ! I applied for Beng bc i wanted to have ther opportunity to decide whether i wanted to do a masters at the uni or not when i’m older. I applied 12Th November but got my offer at the start of the month with the reduced grade offer of AAB. I think the delay was due them reducing offers but regardless of this i think they only offer offers at the start of each month because when i had applied people had said that they got their offers at the start of November xx

Isn't the BEng requirements AAA ? Where else have you applied :smile:
Isn't the BEng requirements AAA ? Where else have you applied :smile:

Yeah the Beng requirement was AAA but University of Birmingham along with Surrey (i believe) decided to apply contextual offers to everyone who receives an offer from them due to covid. I also applied to Lancaster and Loughborough of which ive received offers for too but i’m waiting for Edinburgh and UCL though out of the two i’ll only seriously consider UCL atm
What were your predicted grades and did you do a language at gcse ??

mine was 5 days ago, but my predicted grades are 4 A* in physics chem maths and further maths and a 3 in french gcse LOLLLL
I just received an email that I was made an offer at Imperial.
Original post by TheFlautist

Great news.
(edited 3 years ago)

congratulations!!!

Congrats!! I got an offer too :smile:
Original post by anahita28
Congrats!! I got an offer too :smile:

Cool Well Done!!
Has anyone applied for biochemical engineering at UCL?
Hi everyone, has anyone done their Loughborough interview I'm a bit nervous on what to expect ???
Hi everyone, has anyone done their Loughborough interview I'm a bit nervous on what to expect ???

don't worry I had mine a while ago and it was chill, they just ask u about like why chem eng, why Loughborough all that
i got an offer from the University of Edinburgh
i got an offer from the University of Edinburgh

Congrats!!
Original post by rockangelcat
Congrats!!

thank you !! i also just got an offer from UCL so i’ve now officially heard from all my unis
Reply 99
thank you !! i also just got an offer from UCL so i’ve now officially heard from all my unis

Hello congrats on the offer!!, I'm currently still working on my personal statement and I should hopefully send it off by this Thursday im also applying for chemical engineering, do you have any books names for chemical engineer as i cant seem to find any i could add to my personal statement

Quick Reply

Latest