The Student Room Group

Pharmacy/pharma science PS help

Hii I’m confused as to pharmacy and pharmaceutical science so I’ve decided to apply for both at uni. I just don’t know how to write my personal statement for the 2, how do I mention the course without the 2 names? Can I say pharma instead? Or would that be inappropriate for a statment? How do I write and start the statement? My school isn’t helping me and I need to apply within a week :frown:
Focus on why you want to do that course. Use the personal statement review service on here for help.
Original post by tinygirl96
Focus on why you want to do that course. Use the personal statement review service on here for help.

I have my reasons but I don’t know how to write the statement or word the course itself
A general plan

Skills
Reasons why
Interest for the industry
Any other information
Original post by tinygirl96
A general plan

Skills
Reasons why
Interest for the industry
Any other information

Thank youu
Pharmacy is a vocational course to train you to be a pharmacist. Pharmaceutical science isn't. If you are applying for pharmacy, your PS should focus on that
Original post by Interrobang
Pharmacy is a vocational course to train you to be a pharmacist. Pharmaceutical science isn't. If you are applying for pharmacy, your PS should focus on that

I’m confused because I don’t know which one to apply for? Any advise?
Original post by Anonymously.y
I’m confused because I don’t know which one to apply for? Any advise?

I guess the key question is - do you want to work as a pharmacist (like in a pharmacy, dispensing prescriptions and offering people some basic medical advice)? If yes, then go for pharmacy. If not then do for pharmaceutical science (or something else like biochem/biomed)
I guess the key question is - do you want to work as a pharmacist (like in a pharmacy, dispensing prescriptions and offering people some basic medical advice)? If yes, then go for pharmacy. If not then do for pharmaceutical science (or something else like biochem/biomed)

I decided to apply for pharma science, any advice when writing my ps?
Original post by Anonymously.y
I decided to apply for pharma science, any advice when writing my ps?

Talk about your academic interest in the subject area then - extra reading/online courses or lectures/podcasts etc and why it interests you
Talk about your academic interest in the subject area then - extra reading/online courses or lectures/podcasts etc and why it interests you

Thank you, I have a few ideas but I don’t know how to put it together
Just start writing - you can edit it later :smile:

Thanks will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending