The Student Room Group

He’s putting our relationship on hold

I went on a date with this guy and it went great. But at the end he told me he had recently became exclusive with another girl. He asked me to wait for their relationship to end, as the girl is leaving the country and they are going to break up. And that we can start seeing each other again in a month or so.

I’m not sure how to feel about this. I’m starting to resent him slightly for putting me in this situation. He was very upfront that he likes me and that he won’t be able to be friends with me. Should i wait for him?
that's ridiculous, don't wait for him. he's putting you aside for another girl. that doesn't sit right with me!
Are you being serious? Either get some self-respect or stop trolling.
Original post by 2003student
there was no need for that! some people juts need some advice, don't think that was necessary

They went on ONE date.
Reply 4
He is currently dating someone he has no interest in and has not broken up with her.. Do you really want to be with someone who acts like that in relationships?
Original post by YaliaV123
They went on ONE date.

To be fair, that is correct. We hardly know each other.
And this isn’t the best basis to start a relationship with me. I’m just confused as to how this happened. At least he’s told me and not kept me around.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
He is currently dating someone he has no interest in and has not broken up with her.. Do you really want to be with someone who acts like that in relationships?

He does have an interest in her. Thats why he’s with her. He said himself that he’s confused as to how he can like two people at the same time. He is with her, but there is a end date to their relationship. And he wants that relationship to end before he explores things with me. Boys are so stupid. Its like he wants everything, will i sit around waiting with nothing.
Reply 7
Original post by agirlcalledtheo
He does have an interest in her. Thats why he’s with her. He said himself that he’s confused as to how he can like two people at the same time. He is with her, but there is a end date to their relationship. And he wants that relationship to end before he explores things with me. Boys are so stupid. Its like he wants everything, will i sit around waiting with nothing.

Boys are not stupid, there are plenty of genuine men out there that wont play with your time and emotions. Dont put up with ones that do.
Original post by YaliaV123
Are you being serious? Either get some self-respect or stop trolling.

And yeah you are right, i need a bit more self respect. But at first the situation didn’t seem so bad in my head. Now when i think about it, i just feel stupid. I feel like I deserve better than this. Should i just leave this alone until after Christmas and when he contacts me again i’ll deal with it. I might feel differently then. Or should i talk to him about it now.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Boys are not stupid, there are plenty of genuine men out there that wont play with your time and emotions. Dont put up with ones that do.

You might be onto something there. I guess i thought that he would be more mature since he’s 4 years older than me. And he is, in some aspects. I’m not sure what i’m saying anymore haha
If i’m single when he gets out of this relationship. Which lets be honest i will be, shouldn’t i at least give him a chance?
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
I went on a date with this guy and it went great. But at the end he told me he had recently became exclusive with another girl. He asked me to wait for their relationship to end, as the girl is leaving the country and they are going to break up. And that we can start seeing each other again in a month or so.

I’m not sure how to feel about this. I’m starting to resent him slightly for putting me in this situation. He was very upfront that he likes me and that he won’t be able to be friends with me. Should i wait for him?

so he went on a date with you after becoming exclusive with someone else?
Can you see yourself liking his definition of exclusive in a future you-him relationship?
If i’m single when he gets out of this relationship. Which lets be honest i will be, shouldn’t i at least give him a chance?

I wouldn’t. If he cared at all about this being anything real then he would be breaking up with this other girl and putting you first. He’s not. He’s letting you hang around waiting whilst he enjoys the last month with her. Not worth your time.
Original post by Anonymous

I had the same experience with a guy I met online. He told me he was going to his holiday home in Spain for a while, and would I wait for him as I was the only person he was interested in. This turned out to be a lie and eventually I called him out on it. It turned out he was never interested in me at all, and just enjoyed the attention. This guy could still be seeing the other girl behind your back as well. If he wants you, he will make sure he is with you.

Sling him in the bin and wait until you meet someone who is worth your while.
Original post by GabiAbi84
I wouldn’t. If he cared at all about this being anything real then he would be breaking up with this other girl and putting you first. He’s not. He’s letting you hang around waiting whilst he enjoys the last month with her. Not worth your time.

Should i let him know i’m not interested in waiting for him?
i've texted him to call me... and i'm going to say that he either wants to be in a relationship with me now or not at all
Are you on drugs? Sorry, but this guy is just a straight up tosser. If you have any self-worth you should cut things off, he can do this to you now (Put you on hold until a current relationship burns out), what makes you think he won't do this to you if/when you get together with him?

You might be onto something there. I guess i thought that he would be more mature since he’s 4 years older than me. And he is, in some aspects. I’m not sure what i’m saying anymore haha

Also, don't let age fool you, age is by no stretch of the imagination a good measure of maturity. They have a job, a car, or maybe a mortgage? Wow, a large percentile of people over the age of 18 have these things, with the rest having access to them. His actions alone with you have demonstrated an infantile mentality, thinking he can have the whole cake so to speak, while you wait in the backlines?

I personally would have cut the conversation and any contact with this person the moment they brought this topic up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending