The Student Room Group

Was my friend correct?

A girl I was dating said she was going through depression and she later then ignored me and then eventually got back to me saying she had moved on from talking to any man in that respect, my friend said it was just an excuse and she just wasnt interested in me?

Scroll to see replies

Yep
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
Yep

Lol savage
Reply 3
Yep

Oh
Original post by Anonymous
Oh

plenty of fish in the sea my dude.
How long had you been dating?
Reply 6
Original post by YaliaV123
How long had you been dating?

She liked me alot in the past, reached out and invited me over to hers, we kissed at hers, days after she seemed really into me, even offered me over again but I couldn't go as I had a cupboard to fix, as days went by she then ignored me for a day, then messaged me saying sorry and that she suffers depression where she zones out and doesn't like leaving house much, then days later she ghosted me, I told her my family member died and she responded saying sorry to hear, then I said I understand if she wanted past in the past and wanted to move on from me, then she said 'dont be offended, I've moved on from talking to anyone in that respect'.
So that's what happened and I haven't contacted her since and her neither me
She liked me alot in the past, reached out and invited me over to hers, we kissed at hers, days after she seemed really into me, even offered me over again but I couldn't go as I had a cupboard to fix, as days went by she then ignored me for a day, then messaged me saying sorry and that she suffers depression where she zones out and doesn't like leaving house much, then days later she ghosted me, I told her my family member died and she responded saying sorry to hear, then I said I understand if she wanted past in the past and wanted to move on from me, then she said 'dont be offended, I've moved on from talking to anyone in that respect'.
So that's what happened and I haven't contacted her since and her neither me

It doesn’t seem like you were ever dating properly. Try not to overanalyse things and just move on.
Reply 8
Original post by YaliaV123
It doesn’t seem like you were ever dating properly. Try not to overanalyse things and just move on.

Just confused by the whole thing
Just confused by the whole thing

Aaarrr... Don't worry poor baby.
plenty of fish in the sea my dude.

Oh plenty of fish, don't like that site
Oh plenty of fish, don't like that site

No, I mean there are plenty of other girls
No, I mean there are plenty of other girls

Oh right I see, thanks. Think Im going to give break from women for awhile, painful so they are. And confusing. But you are right there is plenty out there when I'm ready I guess
even if what she said was an excuse, she doesn’t owe you anything, you missed your chance in the past. just gotta accept it for what it is and move on i’m afraid
Original post by brokestudent3
even if what she said was an excuse, she doesn’t owe you anything, you missed your chance in the past. just gotta accept it for what it is and move on i’m afraid

I know she doesn't owe me anything. Just annoyingly confusing. Had great chemistry with the girl once. Maybe I'm a different man in her eyes now or something. I mean I am more stressed than I was, due to job
I know she doesn't owe me anything. Just annoyingly confusing. Had great chemistry with the girl once. Maybe I'm a different man in her eyes now or something. I mean I am more stressed than I was, due to job

i’d just take what she said at face value

Dont try to overthink this, It probably means shes just taking a break from things like that whilst shes sortinh out her own problems
Original post by JamiePhillips
Dont try to overthink this, It probably means shes just taking a break from things like that whilst shes sortinh out her own problems

So I could still have a chance if I leave her be?
Original post by brokestudent3
i’d just take what she said at face value

What do you mean?
What do you mean?

like just try not to read into it and accept it for what it is. i know it sucks but that’s just life. she might come back to you but a) she needs time to heal and b) i wouldn’t hold on to hope that she will come back bc it isn’t healthy, and so try not to dwell on it. it sounds like she was very into you, so i think she’s telling the truth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending